Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Again....and.....THANKS!

Not sure if it's because I have triplets plus one, that someone is ALWAYS getting hurt, but they seem to take turns with it. Well on Thursday night it was Cadence's turn. We left them with babysitters and went out to dinner. They were playing a game and Cadence ran into my bathroom and jumped up on the edge that's around our tub and slipped. She fell into our big soaker tub and landed on her arm. Well she broke it. We got home and they were all asleep but then Cadence woke up sobbing. I got her down and looked at her arm and called Richard. Her wrist and arm was all swollen and she had a bump on the side of her wrist. So I took her into the hospital. It's a green stick break so not a bad one, thank goodness. She has a cast on and is doing much better. Sadly this is her third cast. She always seems to be the one that gets hurt the worst. We'll go back in three weeks for another x-ray and hopefully to get it off.


Cadence before the crazy fall into the bathtub. She wanted me to take a picture with her cool ribbon thing. She loved it and would dance around with the ribbon. Best dollar ever spent!

Cadence after with her broken arm! I'm finding it much harder to keep a cast clean in the spring time, compared to the winter. We've had to wash mud and paint off already...crazy girl!


On Wednesday night I was trying to relax after a CRAZY busy day. I had a headache, felt very frazzled and was grumpy! The kids finally went to sleep and I was just laying on my bed reading a book when someone rang our doorbell. I just let Richard get it because it's never for me at night time. It's usually someone looking for Richard for a plumbing job. Anyways I heard my name and went to investigate. It was a lady named Karen who is a grandma to triplets. She lives a couple blocks away from us and I've talked to her a few times. Anyways she stopped by to give the girls a gift from her daughter, Michelle. Michelle has 2yr old triplets (almost 3!), a boy and 2 girls. She made my girls cute headband each and a whole bunch of cute bows. It was such a thoughtful gift. Thank you so much Michelle. It made my night! The girls woke up Thursday morning and we're SO EXCITED for the new bands and bows. They have quite a selection to choose from now. They love it. When I explained who gave it to us they were talking about what they want to make and send back to them! It was very cute. What a fun way to end a crazy day. Thanks again!

Abbi, Cadence and Brianna having a picnic before I took them to school. They were happy and if you look closely they each have a new bow in their hair.

I made them all look down and now you can see the cute, pretty bows in their hair! So fun!

I think the problem last week was it rained ALL WEEK! We got a little tired of being cooped up in the house. Plus I had to be snack mom on Tuesday and Wednesday. It's fun being snack mom but a little crazy too. I always bring DJ with me so that adds to the craziness. I was in charge of the game center where the kids had to use tweezers and but a ball on a dancing caterpillars hands. It took a lot of effort for kids to do it and they were so happy when they got it. I had one boy who just couldn't do it. I tried to help him by holding the caterpillars head so it wasn't wiggling as much. He still couldn't do it and the poor boy just got so frustrated that he threw everything down and just screamed. That's how I feel sometimes! I got him to settle down and then I ended up holding the dancing hands still so he could put it on. Then he was happy. But add to that 4 kids dropping these little colored balls everywhere and me looking. One girl went to go look and ended up falling over in her chair and landing right on my bad ankle. Ouch! It's still sore and bruised a week later! Oh the joys!

On Thursday I got me and kids ready to go in the morning. We had to be in Cardston by 10:45am. So we took off, in the pouring rain, and got to Cardston. Abbi and Brianna stayed with Grandma Spencer while me and the other two ran and picked up Chase from school. We took him to the doctors. Afterwards we hung out at Grandma's house and had lunch and played. Then the kids and I ran to the dentist for Abbi and Brianna. To say that my kids were a little wild there is an understatement. Cadence and DJ were wired and bugging each other and there is not enough toys there to keep them happy. So it was a long wait. Then we drove home with kids screaming and fighting. You can see why I needed to get out of the house Thursday night. Then the night ends with Cadence having a broken arm....sheesh!



A couple of weeks ago I decided to put up some curtains in my living room and dining room. I took down the awful blinds in the dining room. They were broken and falling apart. I was pretty happy with the results. I bought them on sale at Walmart and put them all up and together on my own. I'm telling you that drill and bits that Richard gave me last year was the best thing ever. I've used it so much. Now I need to focus on decorating the walls downstairs! Always something to do!
Before, with the ugly blinds on the patio window.
After, with the new curtain rod and curtains. Just ignore the hand prints smeared all over the window!
Here's the new curtains in the living room. I love it, makes it feel much warmer!

So there's a quick sum up of the past week. It was a little all over the place but that's how I felt the week went too!! Have a great day!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Oh poor Cadence! Glad the cast will come off soon, that would be really hard to have a kid in a cast during the summer. We have been having a hard time with being stuck inside due to rain too.
Carissa