Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Swimming Lessons!

I got my girls in swim lessons in June this year. I was a little worried about the weather, if it was going to be too cold, but did it anyways! They didn't have it till 3pm every day, which I loved. So the Monday of their first lesson we went to get Cadence's cast off. They cut it off first. I was so proud of Cadence, she kept jumping and was ready to scream. I kept saying, "Your ok Cadence, no screaming." So she did her really loud, nervous laugh. She kept going, "HA HA HA HA HA, IT'S TICKLING ME!", over and over. It was pretty funny. We had a lot of people sticking their heads in to see what was so funny! They got it off and her poor arm was still swollen and looking funny to me. She didn't want anyone to touch it. So to make a long story short, after x-rays, she got a new cast on. We were so lucky that day to have a resident doctor put her new cast on.....yes this is sarcastic. I just have bad luck with resident doctors. I'm sure there are some good ones out there but I never seem to get them. He put the cast on and wouldn't listen to anyone on how to do it. I could tell it was going to be a very rough and sharp cast. We came home and sure enough Cadence cut herself and Brianna. Everytime she bent her arm it was scuffing her upper arm. So I took her back and they cut it off and I had Dr. Baker put on a water proof cast. I didn't know there was such things, but there is. He did an awesome job and $20 later we were off!! I'd gladly pay for a water proof cast anyday! So Cadence just missed 2 days of swim lessons, and then she got to go in it with her new cast! YEAH!

She was happy and I was happy. The girls loved their teacher, Peyton. He was so good with them. Abbi turned into a little fish. She would dunk her head and do everything he asked. Brianna is very cautious, but would usually do everything with his help. Cadence would also, but again is extra cautious with the water. I was so proud of all 3. They are getting more comfortable in the water, which is good. I'm hoping to get them into another lesson before the summer is up.
My cute kids cuddling in their towels to warm up after their lessons. DJ had fun swimming in the kiddie pool while the girls did their lesson.

Getting into the water. They had some freezing cold days for their lessons, but they always went in. Luckily the pool is heated so the water was usually nice.

My 3 girl swimming in the deep end with their teacher, Peyton.

Abbi went up on the diving board all by herself and jumped. I totally missed it the first time so I asked her to do it again, she gave me an eye roll but did it anyway!!!

Last day, with their report cards!
They were sad when the lessons were over. The last day was a stormy one. So they had a "dry" lesson then got their report cards and candy from their teacher. Way to go girls....you did GREAT!!!!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

If thats the Raymond pool, holy cow it looks crazy different! Good job to ur girls for taking swim lessons! Looks like they loved it:)Too cute!