Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday Drive!

Lately Richard has been so busy with work that he's had to work every Saturday. So on Sundays we try to stay home and do things as a family. With this crazy weather we've lucked out and have had really nice, hot weather on our Sundays! Last week after church and lunch we decided to go for a Sunday drive. The girls wanted to show their dad the "beaver dam", which is actually the St. Mary's Dam. I showed them on Thursday because the water is so high I knew the gates would be letting water out. It was neat to see and the girls were amazed. Cadence kept saying, "Beavers make that dam, right mom." I had to explain to her how it was built. It was cute.

Anyways, on Sunday they were so excited to show their dad. We parked and walked up the path to the look out point where we could see the big spray of water. DJ had slept through it at our last visit so he was pretty excited to see the water too!
Here we are at the look out where we can see the open gates to the dam behind us and the water shooting out in front of us. The kids were so mesmerized with it!

The girls were very interested in what all the different plaques said. So Richard is explaining this one. DJ was just running around everywhere!

The only time DJ stayed still was to stare at all the water coming out!

Abbi wanted me to take a picture of her walking on the path!

Afterwards, we drove down into the park. We've decided that's where we want to go camping sometime. There's a new playground there, and water to swim in and tons of trees. It was really pretty down there and cool to see the water shoot off the spill way.

Here's the view of the spillway from the bottom.

The kids then played at the playground for a little bit. Then we headed home. On the way back up to the highway Richard saw a marmot staring at us. So we stopped and showed the kids what a marmot looks like. It just sat there and watched us. The kids thought it was so funny!
The kids had a blast playing in all the rocks!

Oh, I figured out a very funny thing this past weekend. I noticed about every other morning when I woke up there was honey on the counter and sprinkles (you know what you put on cupcakes). I found it really weird. I'd clean it up and a couple mornings later it would be there again. I finally brought it up to Richard (I always forgot to ask or tell him) and asked if he was eating sprinkles...ha ha ha, which I found hilarious! He kept saying it wasn't him, but I didn't believe him. This is the guy that ate a dishwasher tablet during the night....it's no joke! ha ha ha! Well we were laughing and joking about it on Saturday morning when Brianna skips into our room with a funny smile on her face. She said, "No mom, I ate the sprinkles." Then she laughed so hard. I guess she'd wake up in the middle of the night and go eat sprinkles. Crazy girl. Richard, of course, had to say TOLD YOU SO...it wasn't me!! It was so funny!

I let the kids finish off the rest of the sprinkles. Here's DJ eating the hearts!

Cadence eating the heart sprinkles too!

Abbi wasn't messing around she ate as much as she could!

Brianna was showing us how she ate the sprinkles in the middle of the night! Silly girl!

Well I have a few more posts I am working on. Always trying to stay up to date is so hard, but I try!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

Looks like fun! I say this every time but your kids are getting so big! They are so cute!