Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Father's Day!

Last Sunday was Father's Day and it was a good day! The kids were so excited to give their dad the card and gifts that they had made. They helped me make Richard breakfast, which was eggs, bacon and waffles with some juice. Then we gave him his gifts. He is a wonderful father and his kids love him to pieces! They always love doing things with him. One of the favorites is riding in the truck with their dad to the dump! When he gets home from work he is always bombarded with his kids and then they are ALL trying to tell him about their day. It's always so cute to watch and listen too! He will tell the girls stories at bed time. Sometimes it is of when he was growing up and other times he just makes them up! I stood outside the door one time and listened to his made up story and was just giggling quietly. It was hilarious and the girls were loving it! He's a wonderful father and I love him so much!

DJ and his dad at the Magrath farm, one Sunday before church.

Richard and the kids all ready for church!
We went out to my parents after church. My dad is one of the best dad's EVER! We've always been close and still are. He's a great grandpa to my kids too. His grand kids love him so much. They always love to go see grandpa Paxman! He always does crazy things with them. For instance he had these big elastic bands (ones for physical therapy), that he had to use to strengthen his leg. He got two of the girls and put them back to back. Then put this band around them. It was around their stomachs. He then counted to 3 and then yelled go. They both started running, which caused the band to stretch. Then the stronger girl ended up making the other one bounce back, which ended up knocking both of them over. It was hilarious. Only dad would think up of something like that! The kids loved it! DJ's new word for the week is, "Paw paw"! He said it on Monday. I was sitting on Richard's new chair (a zero gravity chair that mom got for dad too). DJ came in the room and saw me and said, "Uh uh mom, a paw paw." Which meant, no mom that's Grandpa's chair. It was so funny! Thanks for being such a great dad and grandpa too!

My dad and DJ. I wanted to get a picture of the 2 together to show how much they look alike. They were fooling around and teasing and laughing this was the best picture I could get! DJ got his dimple from his Grandpa Paxman!
Of course I can't forget my father-in-law, Eric. He is also a great dad and grandpa. The kids had fun helping me pick out his gift and card this year too! Way back when Richard and I were dating, when I was living with Steve and Stacey and working 2 jobs. Every other night I had to drive to Raymond to drive my milk truck. One afternoon I was late and had my pick-up floored. I was flying and passing a lot of vehicles. As I was passing a van, I happened to look over to see Richard's dad staring at me as I FLEW by him. I was hoping he didn't recognize me but he did. He mentioned later that he knew Richard and I were meant to be together, because Richard was 1 speeding ticket away of getting his license taken away. I did speed a lot but never got caught back then! He is a great dad and is always willing to come and help us with anything. He even put up with us while we lived with them for a couple of months!! ha ha! We are lucky to have some great dad's in our lives!
DJ and his Grandpa Spencer. DJ loves his grandpa and is always his little buddy as soon as he walks in the door!
So even though this is a late post I hope all the father's out there had a wonderful Father's Day because you deserve it!

No comments: