Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Is Here!

Recently we have had a really mild Fall. Pretty hot actually. So the kids were still wearing shorts and t-shirts. But last week Fall came and it was so cold in the mornings. It was actually pretty cold during the day too. So sad! I am going to miss summer, we had some fun times!

Nothing says Fall more than canning. I did quite a bit of canning this Fall. One day my mom and I canned Salsa all day long. But we got it done, and it's pretty delicious! We both got over 20 cans each. It was a success. I didn't take any pictures at all. Oh well!

Renee and I canned some Apple jelly and syrup a while back. I kept telling her it was easy and she didn't believe me, so we did it together. Then she wanted us to can Red Pepper Jelly. So a couple of Friday's ago we decided to do it. We had all our stuff ready and I brought it over to her house. The boys had fun playing, while we canned! We did two double batches all together. It was fun doing this together. We only had one mishap right at the end. We boiled over a pot and it made a HUGE mess on the stove top. It smoked us out too. We had to open all the doors and windows to air the house out! Other then that, everything went pretty smoothly!
Renee is really good and took a picture of all the ingredients. I don't think of doing something like that!

Sterilizing the lids.

Getting the bottles ready to sterilize.

Cooking the jelly, lots of stirring involved!

Renee looking all domestic stirring the jelly!

Our big mess that we made!

This is why I don't take these pictures!! My picture of the finished product!

Renee's picture of the finished product.....looks much better!

Wacky Wednesday came around this year and all my girls were excited to dress wacky. Of course, Cadence goes ALL out! She just cracks me up. I don't know where she gets it from, because I definitely wasn't like that at all! Neither was Richard. I still don't like dressing up! They had fun with it!
My crazy girls! They all have different pairs of shoes on! Love Cadence's pose in this picture. Notice her braids sticking out, I put some pipe cleaner in them. She loved it!!

They all put their shirts on backwards, but Cadence went a step further and did everything inside out too. I put four braids in Brianna's hair and one braid in Abbi's and one pony tail! As you can see Cadence went and added bows and flowers and the tiger climbing up her leg. She cracks me up!

I came into the Kitchen one day and caught DJ drinking right out of the milk jug. I was getting after him (trying so hard not too laugh because it looked hilarious). He just looked at me and said, "Just like dad!" Oh, that's where he got it from!! Ha ha!
I caught him in the act!

He had to finish off the jug!

Cadence has been asking for a while to get her hair permed. I finally said yes. I told her she'd have to sit still for quite a while. She said she could do it. So my hair dresser came to our house and did Cadence's hair. It looks super cute on her. She loves it and so do I. Abbi wanted her hair cut, so we finally got her hair cut too! Brianna told me she was happy with her hair.
This is during the long process! She only freaked out a little when we were rinsing off the curlers. She kept saying there were spiders on her head. She was being serious too!

Her cute curly hair. She had a little mishap on the trampoline and hurt her knee. She was on crutches for a couple of days!

Abbi's long beautiful hair!

Just before she got it cut. It was so long!

Her cute short hair cut! She loves it and it is so much easier to wash and brush out!

Last Wednesday it was really chilly out. The girls were so excited to see the frost outside. It was funny to see them running on the grass and then checking out their foot prints! I told DJ that we were just going to stay home. And that's what we did. It was so nice, to just relax and get some things done. DJ kept asking me to make cookies. We needed to run to the store to get some chocolate chips. But when we got there and I showed him the chocolate chips he said no and told me to follow him. He kept putting his hands apart and saying "Dis tootie(meaning cookie) mom." He raced around to the cookie aisle and put his favorite cookies into his little cart. Silly goof! He just wanted to buy cookies! Oh well, I made cookies anyways because I knew the girls would love to have home made cookies when they got home from school and they did.

While I made cookies DJ played with his cars. I made him a track all over the living room and kitchen. He loved it. Played for a long time. I made it out of duct tape! He thought it was great! Before the cars, he went outside and played out there for a long time with the mud and water. He came in all wet, muddy and cold! Silly boy! He really plays so good by himself! He is usually in his own little world, so cute to watch!
Crazy boy playing in the mud. He kept bringing his bucket to me so I could put some water in it!

Then he'd go out and pour the water into the mud bucket!

Then he came in and played with his trucks and the duct tape road!

Love listening to him talk to himself when he plays so so cute!

I decided that this day was a perfect soup day. So I made some cheddar potato soup. I got the mix from the farmers market a while back. It was pretty yummy. Perfect for a cold day. I made some toasted cheese sandwich to go with them!
The yummy plate of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!

Boiling the water before I put the soup mix in!

Ta da....supper is served! So yummy and easy!

On Thursday I decided to make a run to Cutbank to do some grocery shopping. So I got all of us ready. The kids were up early that morning (all of them). So I decided to get up and exercise and shower. I even had time to give all the girls a shower and get them dress. Oh yeah, I was on the ball that day! Doesn't always happen, because my girls are usually still sleeping by 7:30am and I have to wake them up. But on this day they were all up at 6:15am, not sure why! Oh well! Happy to get my exercising over with early! ha ha!

I dropped the girls off at school and came back to the house to pick up Richard. He had a quick job to do in Del Bonita. Since it's right there at the border he came with us. So he stopped and did his job first. DJ and I visited with a really nice older couple while we waited! Then we went to Cutbank. Of course, we had to hit JC Penny's first. Love that store! Got a few things then we went to Albertson's and got our groceries. Then we ate lunch at Pizza Hut and then came home. DJ was so tired, he slept on the way home. I carried him in and he was still sleeping. Crazy boy. It was a good day.

Renee called me that night saying she needed to get out of the house. So we decided to go for a job. We are both determined to eat better and exercise more. So much easier to do when you have friends on board too! So we ran about 4kms. It felt awesome! We did it again Friday night too. I am determined to be good on Thanksgiving weekend. I am in a weight loss challenge and I don't want to gain anything. If I do I have to pay $1 a pound. How's that for motivation?! So far so good, I've lost 3lbs. It's a 12 week program and today is week 3. I go in tonight for my weight in....wish me luck!

On Friday we woke up and Abbi told me she wasn't feeling good. I didn't take it too seriously because she said that then went and played. But then she came back and told me she threw up. So I got her a bowl and settled on the couch with a movie. Poor girl was miserable all day. She just kept throwing up. But then by that evening she was perking up. It was a nasty flu bug. Which Brianna caught on Sunday evening. Oh the joys. So we just stayed home on Friday and I spent all day cleaning up barf. Fun! Hence, why we went out running again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mmmm, I LOVE red pepper jelly. Would you share the recipe? I'd like to learn how to make jalapeno jelly sometime too. Yummy!