Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, October 19, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012!

On Saturday we went out to Cardston for the Spencer Thanksgiving. Saturday morning we relaxed and listened to Conference while I helped Cadence finish making her ABC book. We've been working on it for a while, and this was the perfect time to finish it. I love listening to Conference. There was some exciting news about Missionaries. Boys can go now at 18 and girls at 19. Crazy! Very exciting though.

We got to Cardston and helped finish getting things ready. It was a yummy dinner. Before hand I told myself to not over load my plate and wait for a bit before I decided to go for seconds. Man it worked. I was feeling yucky and stuffed after. It was perfect. My goal for this weekend was not to gain any weight. I joined the Weight Loss Competition in Magrath and I needed to keep going down. My weigh in was on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. I was down 4.4lbs. Awesome, eh?! I think the running at night really helped me. I exercised every day except Sunday, of course. It was great. I felt great after the dinners too. Big difference.

After we ate, the kids played together. DJ, Declan and Kyle went downstairs and set up all the blocks and trucks. They played down there for a long time. It was perfect. Oh, Shelly got some baby birds and was going to feed them. She had DJ and Cadence feed the birds from their hands. I was shocked that they both did it. They held their hands so still, well Cadence jumped a little, but then she let the bird eat from her hand. It was so cute to watch.
DJ loved feeding the cute little birdies!

Cadence was a little jumpy but, she fed them. I was shocked! Way to go Cadence!

Shelly made some really cute and yummy cake pops for the kids. They loved it. It was funny to watch them eat the cake pops. I tried to get a shot of all the kids, but it didn't work out too well! Lisa and Brian weren't there, so we were missing 3 kids.
Brianna patiently waiting for the rest of the kids before she had a cake pop!

Everyone LOVED their cake pops! Except Ethan, even though he really wanted one!

DJ eating his!! Ha ha! Love this picture, so funny!

Cadence eating hers! Love her perm, it totally suits her!

Ethan with his Uncle Richard. Ethan is such a cutie and getting so big!

We didn't stay too long. We came back home in time for Richard to run to the Priesthood session. On Sunday we just stayed home and watched Conference downstairs. We get it on the computer and I hook it up to the tv. It's perfect. The kids watch for the first session (kind of). Again it was an excellent Conference. I loved listening to it. Can't wait to read the talks when they come out.

Monday we were heading out to my parents house for Thanksgiving Dinner. We got there in the morning. The kids wanted to play with their cousins. Plus the guys all had their guns and they were shooting skeet. Just like we did last year. I think it's becoming a tradition. It wasn't the greatest weather, but oh well, it didn't stop us from shooting. I went out and took pictures and then took my turn at shooting. I suck! Then Cody gave me his gun with the red laser thing at the end. Then I hit the skeet with my first shot! Ha! I can shoot! It was fun! Thanks Cody!
Megan the "sharp shooter"!! She's good!

David took all the pictures of me from behind!! Funny David!! But here I am shooting!

Megan took a good picture of me. Theron is beside me and Dad is operating the skeet shooter!

Oh we also got to meet David's girlfriend, Jill, for the first time. I'm sure it was a little overwhelming for her, but she seems super nice. Her and David make a very cute couple!
David helping his girlfriend, Jill, shoot! Cody is behind them with his gun, Cam is by Dad.

We had our dinner and it was absolutely delicious! Yummy, I love turkey and stuffing. After we cleaned up it was fun to sit around and visit. Then we played some rounds of Rook. The kids played downstairs, since it was raining and cold outside. They had fun though. I was laughing at Mary and DJ. Mary was such a sport and played cars and trucks with him for quite a while. Then she stopped and told him it was time to play house, with purses. He looked at her and said ok. It was so funny. So they were walking around with purses on. At one point DJ was trying to show Mary how to put her purse on right, over her head (just cause that's how he sees me wearing mine). He cracks me up. Those two are so so so cute together. They play so good together.
The kids playing downstairs.

Mary and DJ being absolutely adorable!! Ha ha!

The marched around and then came and sat on Uncle Cody (who was sleeping)!

DJ and Mary drinking out of Grandpa's HUGE cups, that he was so proud of! Dad got tons of these cups for free, but they are huge!

The kids playing games and doing puzzles!

Everyone just relaxing and visiting! It was a relaxing day!

We were ready to go and all my kids decided to get a ride from Uncle David! Good thing he is so strong!!

It was a fun day. We were there all day long. We finally came home around 7pm. DJ zonked on the way home, he was exhausted! The girls went straight to bed. They had school in the morning. Crazy DJ slept all night and woke up at 4:45am, deciding it was time to get up. He was a happy boy. I put a movie on for him. I was a bit grouchy because of how early he got up. Luckily he had a 2 hr nap in the afternoon. Crazy boy! Anyways, it was a great Thanksgiving weekend. Lots of yummy food and awesome company!

No comments: