Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Holiday Happenings!

OK I need to get these posts up. First off we had a really good holiday, with the kids home. We had fun doing things with the kids. One Saturday, after Christmas, we went to Glenwood for the Bowlby Christmas Party. They have been doing it after Christmas and it works really good that way! Not as busy! Anyways, it was at the Glenwood school. The kids had a blast running around the gym and playing. We had fun playing some basketball too. Then we ate dinner. I took off for about an hour after that. I went to Hill Spring for my cousin, Jennica's, Family Dinner. It was fun to see everyone.
Everyone just coming in and visiting.

Cadence was a pretty good hulla hooper!!

DJ loved it when I would throw the ball and he would chase it down!

Abbi skipping rope! Love this picture!

Now Cadence jumping!

Now it's Brianna's turn. They thought it was great fun!

When I came back I was looking for all the adults. I found them in the staff room playing the white elephant gift game. So I went to go check on the kids. They were in the gym running around and playing games. Jenni did a good job keeping them busy and happy. The funny thing is, as I walked in Cadence came running up. I said Hi and asked her where DJ was. As soon as I asked I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked and saw DJ flying (like superman) off the stage. I seriously had a heart attack. I went to run, then I stopped. He landed in the huge soft mat. The high jump mat. We were laughing at it afterwards. It was perfect timing for me to walk in! Sheesh!!
It's fuzzy, but here's DJ jumping off the stage.

My girls had so much fun helping the little kids.

Abbi and Brianna helping one of the girls jump off. So cute!

Abbi playing the piano. I missed the program where my girls played a song on the piano. So cute!
DJ acting goofy on our car ride!

Then that Monday we decided to take the kids in to watch Frozen. We had tried on the girls birthday but that didn't work. So we got there an hour before the movie started. But it was SOLD OUT!! Man! So we bought tickets for the 3:50pm show. Now we had 3 1/2hrs to waste!! So we walked over to the New Dynasty for lunch. It was a delicious lunch of Chinese food. The kids even enjoyed it. Then we walked back to the mall. We walked around and did a little bit of shopping. Then we got a booster juice and just sat down and the kids played on those ride on toys. We didn't put money in but that didn't stop them from having fun!!
Cadence and Brianna drinking the yummy Booster Juice!

Now Cadence and Abbi drinking it together!

Cadence and DJ playing on the ride on toys!

My cute Cowgirl!!

Then we met up with David and Jill and went into the movie. It was packed. We sat up front. But at least we got seats all together, so no complaints! We got in there a half hour early. We saw a lot of families from Magrath. It was fun to chat with people.

The movie started and it was AWESOME!! We all loved it. The kids sat there so good and were so into the movie. I was worried that DJ wouldn't like it too much, because it was a girl movie. But no he thought it was great. He really gets into it! We had to laugh at him. Right near the end when Aunna is frozen, the theatre was silent from shock. DJ started laughing really LOUD and said, "Ha ha ha, Aunna is ice." Then he just doubled over laughing. For some reason he thought it was hilarious. Well that made Jill start cracking up, then David and Abbi. Yup, we were the loud ones. It was funny. Then right at the end when the boy and girl kiss, DJ yells, "EEWWW, they kiss and get married that so gross."!! What a boy!!
The ride home from the movie. Brianna is wearing her 3D glasses!




No comments: