Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, January 27, 2014

My Girl's Baptism!

So the day finally came. My three beautiful girls were baptized on Saturday, Jan 11th. Of course, they turned 8 on December 26. We had talked to the Bishop and decided to do it in the New Year. We talked to the girls and talked to them about it too. They were happy with the 11th. It happened to be their Grandma Spencer's birthday too. So they thought it was really neat.

A week before they were to be baptized the Bishop had set up an appointment to have an interview with each of the girls. We had talked to them and had FHE about baptism and what to expect. Anyways, that Sunday Abbi was being grumpy and telling me her tummy hurt. We went to church and she kept being super sad. She kept saying her tummy really hurt and she felt like she was going to throw up. So after sacrament meeting I took her home. I still really didn't believe her (so bad). But all of the sudden she ran to the bathroom and threw up. Poor girl. We had to go back to the church to pick up the others, plus the girls were having their interviews right after the block. Abbi was in her jammies and watching a movie in the vehicle. She had a bucket with her too. So Brianna went in first and then Cadence. I told the Bishop that Abbi was sick but I could run her in quickly. So I did and the interview was quick. Then I ran her back out and we went back home and she barely made it in the house before she threw up again. Oh boy!

So the day came. My girls were SO EXCITED. That's an understatement. It was just like Christmas to them. Cadence woke up at 5:30am that morning. I got her to go back to sleep on my floor, at least. We got up and got going. Richard woke up feeling nauseous and not feeling good at all. So I got all the kids ready. He took some medicine and a hot shower. We had to be at the church around 10:30am. So the morning was a little crazy, but we got everyone ready and out the door before 10:30am. DJ was a bit grumpy, but he came!!

I got the girls dressed in their baptismal dresses. They were so excited. We went out and they saw their dad in his white clothes. So we had to take some pictures before everyone got there. It brought tears to my eye to see how big and beautiful my girls looked. They were so happy and excited. We took a family picture too. DJ was still grumpy, but we got an OK family picture!
Richard, with his 3 girls all dressed in white!

Our cute little family!!

The program was simple but perfect. My mom gave the talk on Baptism. She did a perfect job. Then it was time for my girls to be baptized. They talked about it before hand and they all agreed that they were going to go in order. So Abbi went first. Brianna, Cadence and I were on the side watching. Then Abbi came over and Brianna went in and then it was Cadence's turn. Cadence was a little nervous about it, but she did so good. I had a towel for each of my girls and wrapped them up. I took them back to the change room where they were so happy and excited and talking about how good they felt. I loved it. We got them dry and dressed and ready to go back out.

All the cousins and my girls then got up and sang, "I Am A Child Of God." Jill played the piano for us and I led them. It sounded so good. Then Richard's mom, Shelly, gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. She had my girls come up and take things out of a box that represented the Holy Ghost. Then all 3 of them got a new white fuzzy blanket from their Grandma to help remind them of the Holy Ghost. They loved that.

Then it was time for them to be confirmed. Richard did so good. I was so proud of my husband. He is an amazing man, and I love him so much. He is a worthy priesthood leader that loves his family very much. Anyways, he then confirmed all 3 of our girls. Then the Bishop got up and welcomed the girls into the Ward and said a few things about the importance of Baptism.

After the Baptism, we had everyone stay at the church and we had lunch there. I had made beef on a bun and people brought salads and squares to eat. We were so happy that so many of our family members were able to make it. My girls loved to be able to play with their cousins. It was fun to visit with everyone and eat some food. Oh I forgot to mention that my girls were wearing their white dresses that their Grandma Spencer bought for their birthdays. They looked beautiful.
Grandpa Pitcher sitting with his Great Grandchildren! So cute!

Everyone sitting down eating.

Lining up getting some food. We had the missionaries there too! This was a new Elder and he is from Germany. A very happy, excited Elder and so fun to talk too!

There's the birthday girl! We sang happy birthday to Shelly!

Then the dessert table came out! Yummy!

Aunt Jill and Keira! What a cutie!

Cute Evan, picking out a treat from the dessert table.

Evan is so cute, and Cody looks a little scary!

Lisa and Spencer. Spencer was really enjoying eating his food. We were cleaning up and he was still busy eating. So cute!
Our 3 cute girls. Brianna, Abbi and Cadence in their new white dresses. They are all different and they look so beautiful!

They love each other so much!

It was a really good day. I felt really bad for Richard, he was really starting to feel terrible. But he made it till we got back home. Then he took some medicine and went to bed. We cleaned up and came home. Everyone else went out to my parents house. So the kids and I came home and got dressed and headed out there too. The kids had so much fun running around and playing together. I was hoping that DJ would fall asleep on the way to the farm, and he did. He was so tired. He slept for almost an hour. Then he came in and was happy. The girls had fun listening to the new songs from the movie "Frozen." So cute. It was a relaxing afternoon.
All the girls and Grandma Paxman watching a clip from Frozen.

They all look so cute!

Then we had to head back home. The girls choir was going to the Enmax center to sing O'Canada for the hockey game. They were very excited. I was driving one of the buses. The original idea was Richard and DJ were coming with us on the bus. But Richard was still sick. So DJ came with us, hence why he needed a nap. Anyways, it was a great day. I will write more on the hockey game in it's own post.

No comments: