Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Years Eve and Day!

On New Years Eve, we decided to take it easy and just have fun as a family. Oh I should mention that we moved Richard's parents that day. We moved them into the new house that they bought. So that was a crazy day. We got home just in time for me to make supper. I had thought ahead and got some yummy finger food that I could throw in the oven. That worked out perfect.

The kids got their jammies on and we put on a movie and we all watched the movie and ate our food together. It was very fun and relaxing. Especially after a crazy day of moving! Then Richard and some of the kids got our new puzzle out that we got from my parents for Christmas. They started working on that.
DJ and Cadence helping dad turn over the puzzle pieces.

Brianna loves to work on puzzles with her dad.

Cadence and DJ playing Rock the Penguins game. Too funny!

Cadence put all the penguins on the boat.

The rest of us watched another movie down stairs. The kids thought it was just fun to be doing things together. Plus they knew it was getting late and they were still up!! Ha ha! Around 10pm, we decided to ring in the New Year together. We didn't do anything too fancy. I opened up our Sparkling Apple Juice and poured it into the kids tiny A&W glasses. Then we counted down from 10 and yelled, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Then we all clinked our glasses together and took a drink. The kids thought it was fun.
Abbi curled up and watching a movie.

I was watching with her while playing on my ipad too! ha ha!

 

Saying cheers with our glasses.

Yeah, Happy New Year!! DJ discovering that it was HOT!! Ha ha....he doesn't like anything carbonated.

Then we let them play a little bit longer. DJ and Cadence had fun playing some games together too. It was a fun night. Love my family so much! Glad we can have so much fun together.
Richard and Brianna still working on the puzzle.

We had a relaxing morning on New Years Day. We got things ready to go and left our house just after 12:30. We went in to Raymond to my parents church. We booked it again for the day. We have so much fun doing this. Everyone brought goodies and food to share.

It was absolutely beautiful outside, so dad had David bring the quad. All my kids were excited to get pulled behind it. Grandpa was a little bit crazy....ha ha...not too bad though. He pulled me and DJ and he scared me a few times. We were flying. But DJ thought it was hilarious. Crazy boy! My girls never got tired of it either. Cadence always requested Grandpa to go slow when she went on! Jill went on and it was funny to watch her and David. Then all my girls wanted to ride with her!
My 3 cute girls ready to go on the sled!

Grandpa pulling the girls.

This is so funny! Jill screaming before they even got started!! ha ha!

Aunt Jill and Brianna going for a ride!

DJ driving with Grandpa, pulling his sisters!

Then the kids found a big snow pile and were playing on that for a while. We left them outside playing. Love that my kids can have fun outside by themselves. They had fun together. They came in a bit cold but warmed up quickly!
Cadence, Brianna and DJ playing on the drift.

There were lots of different games going on inside. We had fun playing Ticket to Ride. I think that is one of my favorite board games right now. So fun to play! Then their were some Rook games played. Maureen and Darcy showed up with their family. Then Ken and Deb with Drew and Brittany. We had some awesome games of Bump going. Man, I feel like I got a work out. It was a blast.
A mean game of Rook going on!!

Then we had our yummy dinner that everyone helped out with. All in all it was a really fun day. It always is. All the cousins got together and played Pounce. It may of gotten a little CRAZY!! Oh but there were a lot of laughs. Maybe a little bit of pushing a yelling too. Ha ha! We take it pretty serious!! Ha ha!

My kids were just a little disappointed that they were the only kids there. They did have fun with Aunt Maureen's kids though. Even though they are older, they were so nice to my kids. We had a lot of fun. Then everyone pitched in and helped clean everything up.  We were there for over 6hrs, and it went by really fast!

It was a fun way to spend the first day of the year! Hope everyone has a great year!!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Oh, I wish we could have been at the New Year's day party. That sounds like so much fun. Then your kids would have had other kids to play with too. So fun to read your posts.