Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Magrath Elementary School Choir!

This year all my girls decided to go into the School Choir. They were promised at the beginning on the year that they would be able to go to a hockey game and sing and then stay for the game. I think that was a huge reason why they chose to be in Choir. All of them have asked me if they could quit, but I told them no. I didn't force them to join, so they need to stick it out. They can chose not to go in choir next year. Mean mom, eh?!!

Anyways, I think they were glad they stayed. I drove the bus a couple of Saturdays ago to take them to the hockey game. They were all very excited. We got there and it was very busy. DJ and I had to park the bus so we caught up with them later. As we walked in we got to say hi to Jill. She works at the Hurricane games. Then we went and found our seats. We were in the next section over from the girls. They loved that they got to sit with all their friends and I wasn't right there! Oh, as we were waiting for the game to start, this big blimp kept flying right over the kids' heads. Well it came by 1 to many times. Because some of the kids were able to grab it. We had to yell at them to let it go!! Then it stayed away from our section. Ha ha!
This is just at they let the Blimp go!

All the kids trying to touch the Blimp!

The hockey game was about to start. They turned the lights down and our kids stood up and sang, "O Canada". Wow they sounded absolutely amazing. I was very proud of all of them. Then the fun began. They got to watch the game with their friends. Their choir teacher told the kids that they could go to the bathroom or go buy treats as long as they went with a buddy. Abbi took that literally and loved getting up and going exploring with a buddy. I wasn't so sure about it. I would get up to follow them and she would be all annoyed with me!!

DJ was in heaven. I am so glad that he was able to have a nap earlier that day. He was in a good mood and thought it was so cool to watch the hockey game. He would ask questions and I would try my best to answer it correctly! I got the kids a drink and some popcorn. They thought that was great!
He was very intent on watching the game!

Here's a picture of the action!

Later in the game I went and got them a snow cone in a cup. They were all in heaven. They were huge and none of my kids finished it. Oh well! It was cute to watch them have so much fun! The girls stayed with their friends the whole time. DJ and I sat together with a few other moms.

My cute boy eating his blue snow cone!

He was really into the game!

Tessa, Brianna and Cadence all stuck together. They had fun watching the game too!

Mote of their friends too!

Mia and Abbi eating their snow cones. Brianna didn't want one, so I gave hers to Mia!

Love Abbi's really blue.

We planned on leaving at 9pm. It was before the game was over, but that was ok. DJ and I went out a bit earlier to go get the bus. We pulled it around in front and waited for the rest of the kids. Then we headed for home. By the time we got home and kids in bed it was after 10pm. They all had a blast. So glad we were able to go with them.

No comments: