Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, January 31, 2014

Spa Birthday Party!

My girls really wanted a friend birthday party. So we decided to do it in January. I let them invite 4 friends each. They were super excited. We did it on a Friday at 2pm. We decided to do a "Spa Party". I had my mother in law, Shelly, come and help me. She brought Jazzi and Ella with her to the party.

All the girls got here and we took them downstairs. I had them all sit down and relax on the couches. Then we put on the movie, Frozen. They watched the movie while Shelly and I went to each girl and either painted their toes or their fingernails. Then I would come back and do a design. They had a lot of fun. I had a lot of snacks that they could eat as they watched too.
Yeah, party decorations!

Here's the tray of goodies and then the tray of all the nail polish and stuff!

All the girls showing me what they got done....their feet or hands!

Then we let the girls do their make up. Not everyone wanted to do it, which was fine. We told them that if they wanted too they could. Some girls did their own and others asked Shelly and I to do their make up. So that was fun.
The girls getting some make up on!

We then went out to the garage for the piñata. I had put down a tarp and hung the piñata out there. We lined up the girls and all the girls were able to hit it 3 times. It got a little crazy, with kids trying to run out to get the candy. But nobody got hurt. We got all the candy and put it in a big bowl. I put it in the their goodie bags for after.
Abbi hitting the piñata!

Brianna's turn!

Gathering up all the candy!

Things got a little crazy at that point. There were 15 girls there and that makes for a lot of noise. At one point Cadence just started screaming. I thought she got hurt. She was so upset. I had to take her upstairs, away from everyone and make sure she was OK. We've been having different issues with her and I think she just got overwhelmed by everyone and all the noise. She said it just freaked her out. I think she deals with anxiety sometimes. We are looking into more. Poor girl. She just wanted to go in her room and play with her friend, Alexa. I felt kind of bad. But it all worked out.

We had everyone come up and we sang happy birthday to the girls and then everyone had cake and ice cream. There were a lot of girls and a lot of conversation going on! Too funny! They were all talking and laughing!
Singing Happy Birthday to Brianna, Cadence and Abbi (she is to the right of the picture).

Happy Birthday to my girls!

Everyone eating their cake and ice cream!

We then moved into the living room and my girls got to open their gifts. It was a lot of fun and they got a lot of fun stuff. The kids loved watching the girls open their presents. After that a couple of girls had to go home.
Everyone lining up to watch Brianna, Cadence and Abbi.

Opening their present from Maddi Olson!

Brianna loved her hat from Maddi!

Abbi opening up her present!

Lots of fun!

But the rest were still here for another 45 minutes. I had stuff to make bracelets with. So whoever wanted to do that came up and made themselves a necklace and bracelets.
Girls working hard at making some bracelets!
Abbi showing off all her bracelets!!

Cadence and Alexa sat down and played with the new toys that Cadence got. Those two girls get a long so well. It was fun to watch them play so good together. Cadence was just fine playing quietly with Alexa!
Alexa and Cadence playing with some of her new presents!
Cadence playing with a few girls!

Lillie playing a song for us on the piano!

Others went downstairs and finished watching the movie, Frozen. Then I put on Just Dance Disney on the WII. They had a blast taking turns dancing. There was a lot of laughter coming from downstairs.
Tessa and Ella dancing with the WII!

Then it was time for the girls to go home. I had made some cute gift bags for the girls to take home. It was all with the spa theme. I had fun finding stuff to put in the bags. They each got a little nail polish, a nail file, a pink boa, fancy soap, and lip gloss. Then I added a bag of candy from the piñata!
The goody bags!

All in all, I think it turned out pretty good. It was a little chaotic. We only had a few incidents. We had two get mad and were not happy when they left. They wanted to do things their way and were mad when nobody listened to them. There were some big personalities there!! Ha ha! But it turned out ok. Cadence and Brianna both informed me afterwards that they would rather have our family birthday party instead of another friend one. They had fun, but it was a little crazy!! I am not a party person and we don't usually have friend birthday parties. But I always do fun things as a family!! It was a fun afternoon!!
Cadence, Alexa and Brianna playing with the new play dough sets! They had so much fun!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Wow, it looks like everyone had a ton of fun. Good job Janae, just thinking about having 15 seven and eight year olds in my house is enough to make me want to go hide in my room! I bet that was really loud sometimes. Ha ha! Friend birthday parties always stress me out. Your party bags were so cute, I bet the kids loved them.