Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy 8th Birthday Abbi, Brianna and Cadence!!

I can't believe my girls are 8! It really blows me away. I remember so clearly the night they were born. We were so excited to finally meet our little triplets. I fell in love with all 3 the minute I heard their cries. I love them to pieces. We couldn't imagine life without our little girls! They changed our lives and we don't regret for a minute!

So I had these awesome plans for their birthday. First off I thought ahead and bought them each a little birthday balloon. I gave it to them as they ate their birthday cereal! They were all surprised and happy.

Then we cleaned up and then I iced their cakes. I had 4 helpers. We just did it simple this year. I did a round cake and we iced it and made it into whatever they wanted. They had fun thinking of different things and how they wanted their cakes. It was easy. Abbi had a reindeer cake and so did Brianna. Cadence made a sleigh out of her cake! Then we iced one for Grandpa Spencer too.
So here are the cakes!!

We had a quick lunch and headed into Lethbridge so we could see the movie, Frozen. They were all excited. Well that didn't work out. It was sold out. So change of plans. We headed over to Montana's for some appetizers. I told the waitress that it was our triplet girls birthday. So they came over and sang happy birthday to them. Brianna and Cadence both wore the crazy helmets, but Abbi was mortified. So she was happy with the paper one! So cute. The other two loved being sang too, Abbi not so much. It was fun though.
Cadence loved being sung too!

Brianna thought it was great too!

Abbi wasn't sure about it all! Ha ha! Funny girl!

Then we stopped at my parents house and hung out there for a while. The kids had fun playing and talking to their grandparents. I wasn't feeling so hot by then. So we headed home and I crashed on my bed for a couple of hours. Stupid stomach flu. Yuck.

Richard made supper for the kids. Then we cleaned up and got ready for their birthday celebration. It was pretty low key this year. Just Grandma and Grandpa Spencer and Uncle David came. Which was just fine. We sang Happy Birthday to everyone. They had fun with the sparkly candles. Then we had some cake and ice cream (well I didn't!).
Singing to our girls and Eric! DJ didn't like the sparkly candles at all!

Blowing out the candles!

Brianna so happy!

Abbi dug right in with her fork!! Funny girl!!

Cadence giving me a funny face!!

Eric with his own cake!!

Eating some real yummy cake!

Then the girls opened up their presents. It was a nice quiet night. After they opened their presents. They started playing with their new things. We helped them get things out of packages. Abbi's big present was broken inside the box. So we had to go exchange it the next day.
The girls opening a present from Ella!


Abbi checking out her present.

Brianna just opened up her boots and her 8 necklace!

Cadence trying on her new boots and showing us her new necklace!

Us adults, decided to play another game of Ticket to Ride. So that was fun. The kids played with their toys most of the time. Then they would come sit down and watch us play. It was a fun, relaxing evening. The girls were happy with their presents. We gave them each a pair of nice fuzzy boots. They have been asking me for a pair, so that worked out perfect!
I caught Brianna and Cadence eating their cake in the morning.

Abbi proudly colored her picture to match her lalaloopsy doll!

With my girls turning 8, it has made me stop and reflect over the past 8 years. Lots of things have changed and gotten easier. For example, just going out is a lot easier. I just tell my girls to get ready and away they go. Before it was me changing and dressing them, while making sure nobody was escaping the room!! Ha ha, that was always fun! Then getting their coats on, again while I am trying to contain them, and then putting them into their car seats. I got pretty good at carrying three car seats at once. Who needs to work out when you have triplets!! Ha ha!! They were all pretty busy babies, once they started moving. Church was always fun too! We always went, but some weeks I sometimes wondered why we even tried. Looking back now, I am so glad we did. I could go on forever about my girls. Love them to pieces!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBI, BRIANNA AND CADENCE!!!!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Wow, your girls are so pretty! And grown up. I love the cake idea - keeping it simple but fun. Yeah the stomach flu made the rounds here in late November and then again in the middle of December. No fun. I hope you are all over it and don't get it again for a LONG time! Have the girls been baptized yet? Alan's birthday is in 5 more days - I need to get going on that.