Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 22, 2015

My Crazy Day on Jan 7, 2015!

So I decided to write down about my insanely busy day. It was really crazy....so I thought I'd do it in point form.

6:30am - wake up, throw on a coat and run outside to start the bus. Get just about blown over by the wind. It was SO WINDY out.
6:35- 7:00am - shower and get ready for the day. Get the girls skates gathered and in a bag so they can take it to school. DJ wakes up, and I had to wake up Richard so he can make sure DJ doesn't eat or drink anything (he was going in for sleep dentistry).
7:05am - Get bundled up and go out to the bus to do my bus run.
7:10am - Get on highway and realize that visibility is 0......not exaggerating either. It was horrible. Ended up driving 30km/hr on part of the highway because I couldn't see anything. There was a car right in front of me, but I couldn't see it. Kind of scary.
7:25 am - Finally made it to the turn off and started down the gravel road.....only to hit a super long drift on the road. I thought I was stuck but barely made it through.
7:28 am - Made it to my first pick up....and started to pick up all the kids.
7:40 am - Picked up a new family and there was no way I could turn around in their driveway, so had to drive to the next intersection to turn around in.
8:15 am - Made it to the school....only 15 minutes later then normal. Felt bad letting kids off the bus. They were literally getting blown to the school. The wind was insane!
8:20 am - Driving on highway at about 30km/hr again and people in front of me were all pulling over and stopping. There was about 10 cars. But I decided to keep going, cause I knew it was better just up the road. A few cars pulled in behind me and followed me to Magarth.
8:35 am - Got home and hurried and got a few things ready, so DJ and I could go.
9:15 am - Made it to Lethbridge (it was way better after Welling), and stopped at Canadian Wholesale to get more paper plates, and bowls.
9:45 am - Went to DJ's sleep dentistry appointment with Dr. Hall.
10:30 am - Went with DJ into the back where they wanted him to sit on a big chair. He totally freaked out. I had to pick him up and set him in the chair where he was arching his back. It took about 4 of us to hold him down so they could put the mask on his face. He was SCREAMING.....and then take a deep breath in the mask. Then the guy would take the mask away and we were all talking to him trying to get him to calm down. Then the guy put the mask back on and DJ would fight us and SCREAM. This happened three times, then he fell asleep. Aaawww, I felt so bad. I had to brush away his tears that were streaming down his face. Poor kid. I almost felt like crying. Then I had to leave the room and wait in the waiting room.
11:15 am - Got called back to the recovery room where he was starting to wake up. He was very groggy and wasn't sure what was going on.
11:30am - We were ready to leave. I had to carry him out to the truck and got him all settled with his blankets and pillows.
11:45 am- Went to Walmart. I got him all set up comfortably in the cart so I could get some much needed groceries. He just laid there the whole time all comfy with his pillows and blankets, as I quickly got everything from our list. Oh plus I told him since he did so good he got to pick a car out. He couldn't choose so I let him get two! He looked so cute in the cart. I got a lot of looks at my big baby!! ha ha!
12:30 pm - Back in Escalade and heading home. On the way home I got a call from Cardston telling me that they are sending all Raymond and Magrath bus students home early. I had to be there by 2pm.
1:00 pm - Made it home and started unloading the truck. Richard pulled up at the same time and carried DJ into the house. Started putting things away and ran and started the bus so it could warm up. And tried to get a bite to eat.
1:40pm - Drove bus to Raymond to pick up the kids by 2pm.
3:00 pm - Driving into Magrath, drove by the school and had the girls come out 20 mins early. Didn't feel like coming back out after getting home.
3:15 pm - Plugged bus in and came into the house to finally eat something. I was STARVING!!
My sad, tired little boy! He's holding his new cars on his lap. We were headed home here.

Anyways, you get the idea. It was a pretty crazy day. I was absolutely exhausted by the time I was able to sit down. Then in the evening I made supper, and had the girls read and made lunches for the next day. Oh and had the girls practise their piano too. Sheesh!! Crazy! I was definitely ready for bed that night! I put the kids to bed by myself too, Richard ended up working late at the house. So that was one of my many busy days!! ha ha!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Holy cow! What a day - and then to top it off you had to put everyone to bed at the end of the day. Way to go super woman! I love reading your blog.