Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ten On Tuesday!

So here it goes!

1. Went into Lethbridge on Saturday mainly so I could get my hair cut along with Cadence and DJ! It was very much needed. DJ's hair was so long! But he was refusing, being super stubborn. Cadence went first then they called DJ. I took him back and there was no way he was sitting in that chair without me making him scream his head off. So I told him that I'd go first. So he went back to his sisters. Well the hairdresser looked at me and said, "Do you always give into him that easily?" Um, excuse me!! Good thing I was in a good mood! Ha ha! I just laughed it off. I wasn't giving in, just giving him time. Got my hair cut finished and walked over and sat by DJ and talked to him. We already had a bribe going for him and I reminded him of that. He looked at me and said, "Mom you said you aren't going to force me." I told him he was right. Then I told him that this was his last chance, as I got up to go pay. He then jumped up and said OK. So he happily walked back holding my hand. He was still scared and really shy (not sure why he hates getting his hair cut so badly), but he went willingly. He wouldn't sit down and pulled me down so he could whisper in my ear that he wanted to sit on my lap. I was fine with that. The hairdresser started cutting his hair and said, "Wow, you got your ways, don't you?!" I had to laugh! His cut turned out amazing. So stinking cute. He was pretty surprised too and he loves it. He went to church yesterday and I had to help him spike up the front of his hair. I stayed home with Cadence and Brianna. I guess he ran to his class, with no help (that's a first). He sat down and leaned over to Sis. Roberts and said, "Do you like my hair? I got it done my a professional!" So funny. She had to come tell me, we were laughing so hard! What a kid!
My crazy boy with his long hair!

Love his hair cut and love him!!

2. DJ has always wanted a suit jacket. Like, he is obsessed over it. I even shopped around, but I just couldn't spend $90 on a suit jacket (that's just the jacket). I think I even found one for $60 but I still couldn't do it. I'm so cheap. I kept telling him when he turns 8. But then I saw on the Magrath Buy and Sell that someone was selling a black suit jacket for $5. So I quickly snatched it up. Funny thing, is it's a size 12. I figured it would be just a little big, which it is. I picked it up and I knew the lady. She was laughing so hard when I told her it was for DJ. Because her son wore it till he was 14. Now my 6 year old is wearing it. Sure enough, it fit him pretty good. He was beyond excited to wear it to church. I didn't even have to fight him, at all, to get ready for church. Maybe I should of bought one sooner. Richard has even noticed the difference!!
What a handsome boy!


He kept posing for me!

3. The weather lately has been amazing. This morning I got up to start the bus and I hardly even needed a jacket. It was beautiful out. I think it was plus 10. Seriously, in January! It's suppose to get up to 16 today. All the snow is melting! Yeah! Not excited when it comes back, which I know it will!! Took the kids for a walk last week with their scooters. It was a lot of fun! The kids were happy to be out using them. I got some good exercise keeping up with them! If was fun!
The girls on their electric scooters!!! Cadence, where are you!! ha ha!

DJ on his wiggle scooter!

DJ and I taking a rest on our walk!!
4. One day Brianna and Cadence came home from school so excited. They each made a stool out of newspaper. They brought them home. They said that their teacher, Miss Doolittle, sat on each of theirs and it passed the test! Meaning it didn't break! Ha ha! So funny! So I had to take a picture of them both on their stools. I sat on them too without them breaking! Way to go girls!

5. I got to go to Abbi's class one morning as a parent helper. I was there all morning. It was so fun! They had a science lady come and I helped do a center. The kids were super excited and it was fun to be apart of that. It was all about rocks. In my center we got to do a few different experiments. I think the favorite one was where they put some soil of a laminated piece of paper and then drop some water from up high. To see where the splash zone was. It was showing them how the rain affects a farmers field. It was a fun morning! Abbi loved having me there too.
Showing me what she made!

Doing her experiment!

Her rock that she got from Scientist Terry!

6. I've driven to Cardston a few times in the last couple of weeks. I just can't get over how beautiful the drive is during the day. Love it! I just snapped a few quick photos. The mountains are so pretty with the snow on them. So grateful for where we live.



7. Exciting news.......we have our in-floor heat going in our house! Yippee!! Seriously, so exciting. We also bought a washer and dryer and Richard got them both hooked up this weekend. So I can do laundry out there. Double yippee!! Ha ha!! It is coming along. I'm thinking that we will be in our basement by the end of February! So exciting!

8. Since we are out at the house a lot and the weather has been really warm there is a LOT of MUD out there! So on Saturday I bought all my kids some nice gum boots. There old ones were falling apart and too small. They were pretty excited. As soon as we got out there Abbi, DJ and Brianna went straight for the huge mud holes. Then DJ tripped and his foot came out of his boot. He was screaming bloody murder. Brianna was helping him stand on one foot. Ha ha!!! Oh the adventures we have!
Splashing in the mud with some new boots!

Look at all those boots!!

9. I was putting the kids to bed by myself one night. They were a little crazy. But after getting after them a few times it was finally quiet. I was working on my computer when DJ came out. He said, "Mom I'm bleeding." I looked up and he had blood all over his face, hands, arms and shirt. His nose was bleeding really good. I jumped up and ran to get a wash cloth. Well he followed me into the bathroom and looked into the mirror and his eyes about popped out of his head. He was about to freak out when I pushed him out of the bathroom and said it's ok. I cleaned him up and got some Kleenex for his nose. But it wouldn't stop bleeding. I asked him what happened and he said he hit himself in the nose with his elbow. Not sure how that happened. But what ever he did, it made his nose bleed for a good 30 minutes. So he sat by me, while I kept a Kleenex on his nose. When it finally slowed down I shoved some up his nose for a bit. He was a little bit paranoid to go lay down! But I finally got him to go to sleep. Sheesh!
DJ sitting on the couch with me with toilet paper up his nose!!


10. We have been going to most of Chase's basketball games. I love going and so do my kids. So fun to cheer Chase on!  I've gotten a lot of good pictures of him playing, so I thought I'd share a few! Way to go Chase! Oh and one night when we were in Cardston to watch him play my kids were so excited to see the Temple. They wanted a picture, so we jumped out and got a picture with the Temple! Loved it!
Go Chase!


Cool shot of him shooting!

My 4 awesome kids by the Temple!!!

11. DJ has really missed having all his toys. I didn't think we'd be without our stuff for this long. He's found it the hardest. Sometimes, he just wants to sit down and make something with Lego. Lately, that's what he's wanted. He was crying so hard last week over his packed up Lego. So we went to Grandma Paxman's house to do laundry and so DJ could play with Lego. He was in heaven. Then later that week he used his Christmas money to buy some Lego that was on sale at Extra Foods in Cardston.
DJ so happy playing with all the Lego!

He was making a palm tree!!

My cutie pie so happy being surrounded by Lego!!

DJ, Brianna and some cousins (Kay and Jerry) working on DJ's new Lego sets!

12. On Friday the school had "twin day". My girls were so excited to dress as twins, which I think is hilarious!! I tried to talk them into dressing identical as "triplets"!! But no, they wanted to be twins. Abbi has a friend at school with the same hair cut and color hair, so they were going to dress alike! Brianna and Cadence were super excited to dress the same. They got up early that morning and got all ready. So cute to hear them getting ready. Brianna was helping Cadence with her hair! Abbi ended up being sick and didn't got but the other two did! I used to dress them alike all the time. I loved it. So cute to see them do it themselves!!

My cute twins!!

2 comments:

The Bassetts said...

I love all of the pictures. I am so excited for you guys to get into your house! I can't believe you guys have been living without a "real" house for so long - you are amazing. I totally feel your pain with the whole suit jacket thing. Alan wanted one but I couldn't bring myself to pay $80 for the jacket. Maybe when he turns 12, or I find a screaming good deal like yours. I love your blog!

Jay&Nic said...

Holy I have SO much catching up to do on your blog!! your kids are so BIG and CUTE! Love DJ's new hairs too:) YOu guys have been busy!