Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 22, 2015

New Years Day 2015!

So we didn't have any huge plans for New Years Eve! Richard was out working on the house during the day. The kids really wanted me to pull them behind the quad. So away we went. It was pretty cold out so I made sure everyone was bundled up. We enjoyed sledding all week behind the quad. It's a huge hit!!! I had fun making my kids happy that way!! Well I turned too sharp at one point and DJ went flying. Which, normally, is fine. But this time he face planted his already frozen face into the snow. He was crying and not happy. I cleaned off his face and he was good to go!
It was a beautiful day out.....just really cold!!

The kids ready to go.....just waiting for the driver to pull them!! ha ha!

There`s our house!!! The house wrap is all on! One step at a time!!

My sad boy, after he face planted. I couldn`t help but take his picture!!!

Cadence grabbing another sled to add behind the quad!!

Then we came back to the basement to get into dry clothes and warm up with some hot chocolate. Richard came back and we went into Lethbridge. We had no food. So we decided to go shopping and get us some snacks for our evening family party!!! The kids were excited. The stores were insane. But we got things at Costco and then went over to Walmart. I loaded up the cart and we had to get in a huge line for check out. Richard suggested I take the kids and go to the Dollar Store to get the rest of my list finished. So I did and I got some sushi from Edo's on the way back to Walmart. We got back just in time for Richard to walk out. It worked out great. Then we headed home and we put the food away and got supper going.
DJ showing me his cool spider man he got in his stocking!!

We decided to have a snack supper. We had a lot of different things, like chicken wings, California rolls, spring rolls, crackers, cheese, meat, and vegetables and dip. The kids were so excited for our little party!! We bought some movies and got one going to watch. So it was very relaxed evening. We ate and watched together.
My 3 cute girls got their dolls ready for our party!!

Here is our spread of yummy food!! So healthy, eh!! Ha ha!!

Everyone snuggled in with their blankets and pillows, watching a movie.


The kids were excited that we let them stay up late. I was starting to fall asleep and Richard was asleep. So I woke him up and told him we should celebrate the New Year with the kids and put them to bed. So that`s what we did! They were so excited!! We counted down and yelled, `HAPPY NEW YEAR!` Then we all went to bed. Us included. This was at about 11pm. I was too tired to try to make it to midnight! Ha ha!

We all slept in the next day. It felt so good! Then we cleaned up the place and gathered up all our laundry to take out to my moms. We were going there in the afternoon to hang out with everyone and have a potluck dinner. We did it at my parents house this year. We usually do it at the church, but didn`t this year.

I took the kids and Richard stayed and worked on the house. He came later, when we ate at 4pm. So that worked out. When we got there the kids got there snow stuff on and went out to get pulled by Grandpa Paxman behind his quad. They were pretty excited. I went out for a little bit, to get some pictures and videos of them!
Grandpa pulling the kids behind the quad.

Getting ready to go!

Oh there goes the blue sled!

Crash!!! Ha ha!

Once they came in, David decided that he wanted to get pulled on his snowboard behind the quad. Well I had to go and get pictures and videos of that too! I sat backwards on the quad so I could take pictures. It was a little crazy. Jill was the driver. I only about fell off a few times! Ha ha!
The kids coming out to watch Uncle David snowboard!!

David getting ready to go!

And here we go!



And down he goes!


Ha ha ha! I love this picture!!!

Fun times!! Ha ha ha!!

Cute picture of David and Jill!

Then we came in and it was time to eat. My Grandpa Pitcher came and some of my cousins and Aunt`s and Uncles on the Pitcher side. I love visiting with everyone. We got the kids all dished up and eating then the adults went ahead. It was a fun day. Theron and Renee came with their cute little family too. Loved seeing them!!
Kids relaxing and watching a movie together.


Renee and Grandpa Pitcher having a chat!

We played a few rounds of Pounce, which is always exciting!! Ha ha!! Renee and I won the first round!! We actually kind of killed everyone.....but I won`t brag!! Ha ha! So much fun! Then we all sat around and visited. It was fun to go see DJ and Keaton playing so good together. They sure have fun together.
Keaton and DJ playing with Lego together!



So that kind of wraps up what we did for News Year. It was a lot of fun!

No comments: