Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Christmas Day!

I was so tired the night before that I fell asleep quickly. Good thing, because the kids woke us up at 6:30am. Or I should say, woke me up! Ha ha! Richard was snoring away because I think he was tired from watching movies late at night and doing some official elf business (fixing DJ's door)! Ha ha!

We told the kids that they could go through their stockings. They all ran down the stairs. I slowly came down after them to take some pictures. I love how excited they get and how they love going through their stockings. So fun! Gets me excited too!
Cadence and Abbi going through their stockings.

DJ excited about the nerf bullets he got in his stocking.

Cadence opening up her writing kit she got! Love that she's wearing a Santa hat.

Big smiles.

Brianna showing me her fancy coloring book!

After they had gone through all their stuff in their stockings Uncle David came out and Richard was down stairs. So we started to open presents. We would hand some out and let the kids open up the present. I was excited to see DJ's reaction over his Santa gift. Which was the Lego table with some Legos and also a Hockey Card Book. He didn't disappoint!!
Oh I just love his smile!

He opened his Hockey book and was doing his arm pump!!

Opening up his Lego and the Lego table is under the cloth.

So happy!

I was excited to see all the kids reactions. All Abbi talked about was a camo skirt. I looked everywhere and ended up ordering one on line. I almost forgot to go to the border to get it. I couldn't get any little girl skirt, cause they were way too short. So I ended up getting a ladies XS skirt for her. She was super excited about her skirt. She wears it every Sunday to church....and looks super cute in it! I need to take a picture of her in her skirt! They were all happy.

Cadence opening up one of her gifts!


Abbi with her camo skirt!

Richard really surprised me and go me an amazing HUGE picture of the Cardston Temple. I absolutely love it. It looks amazing on my wall. I can't wait till we have upstairs all finished....it'll look so good!
Not the greatest picture but there is my new Temple picture.

I got our family a couple movies that I knew we'd enjoy. I think that's one of my favorite things to do on Christmas morning after all the craziness is over. Eat our yummy breakfast casserole and watch a new movie. I curl up on the couch and the kids play with their toys on the floor while we watch a movie together. It's my favorite. We all laugh together too! We watched "Once I Was A Beehive." Which is a hilarious movie! So funny! And we also watched "Paddington Bear", which is pretty funny too. It was a fun morning.
Watching a movie together.

Crazy DJ with his Star Wars Light Sabers.

DJ and Abbi having a battle!

DJ and his Uncle David building together on his Lego table.


This picture makes me laugh! DJ got a spy kit and he put on his disguise but he didn't realize his mustache was on upside down!

Cadence disappeared into her room and organized all her doll clothes into the closet that she got from Santa. She loved it, but I didn't get a picture of that. She also loved the nail polish and make up she got. I caught her in the bathroom doing her nails! So fun!
Cadence in painting her finger nails.

Oh so pretty!

Brianna loved getting her dolls out and putting them in her new salon chair and doing their hair. She played with that in the morning. And she also sat down and colored in her new grown up coloring book. Seriously it takes patience to color in it......everything is so tiny. But she loves it and spends hours coloring. It was perfect for her.
Brianna showing me her art kit she got!

Busy making her doll so pretty!

We then all got ready for the day and got things ready to go over to my parents house for Christmas Dinner. We didn't leave till 2pm. It was really nice. I got the food I was taking and the kids packed up some of their new toys and away we went. They were excited to show their cousins what they got. There was only us and Cam, Kim and the girls and my parents this year. It was small. But we had a delicious dinner. Loved it!

Oh when we got there Cam told us that he asked Kim to marry him and she said yes! She was super excited and showed us her ring. I knew he was going to propose I just didn't know when. We all kind of helped him figure out Kim's ring size and where to get a ring. He did a good job, it's a beautiful ring and Kim loves it. She had no idea.....it really surprised her. So we are going to be having a wedding in the near future....probably in the summer! Exciting!

After dinner my dad took the kids outside and pulled them around behind the quad. I ran out to take some pictures. I got some really good ones of Cane running around too. It was so pretty outside with the trees and the snow. I enjoyed taking pictures!
So pretty outside!

Cane running around!

Cane running through the snow.

Getting ready to get on the sled.

Grandpa giving the kids a ride on the sled and Cane running after them!

The trees looked so pretty with the snow on it!

Cool picture of the sun setting.


Then we played a bunch of games too. We brought a new game that we got for Christmas, which it's called Tenzie. It's a very simple dice game that anyone can play. We had fun playing that a lot!
DJ busy playing tenzie! He loves this game!

DJ and Grandma playing tenzie!

Cadence was busy playing too!
We didn't stay super late. We came home so we could all go to bed at a good time. I was so tired and so were the kids. It was a very fun day. I love spending time with my little family!! Love them so much!

No comments: