Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, October 3, 2016

September Long Weekend!

We had one more week before school started. Emily had called and offered to watch my kids for a few days. They really wanted to go and that sounded good to me. I absolutely had no energy and felt bad that I couldn't do anything with my kids. So they got ready and went up to Calgary with David and Jill on Tuesday morning. They took my kids to Cody and Emily's place. The kids were super excited.

I stayed home and read books, watched movies and rested for the next few days. It was very relaxing and helped me feel a little bit better. A little. It helps when I do nothing! Ha ha! I would get texts and pictures of what my kids were up too. They played in the basement, went for walks, played at the park, went swimming at the beach, went for a picnic down at the river. They were super busy and had so much fun. They came home Thursday afternoon with David and Jill.

We were planning on going camping for the September long weekend but decided that wasn't going to work. So we actually decided to camp here at home. We set up our trailer across the lane right by our fire pit. The kids were really excited. I had gotten lots of treats and glow in the dark bracelets.

So we had a wiener roast for supper with chips and salad. Brianna and DJ were so excited to start the fire together. They did a very good job. I sat there and watched them do it. I was very impressed. They were super careful too! Good job Brianna and DJ!
Brianna working hard at getting the fire going.

DJ would go get  a bucketful of small sticks and put them carefully in the fire pit.

They did it!

Ha ha....way to go Brianna!

Look at those flames!

Then we started to roast our hot dogs. It was a perfect evening for it too. I was a little worried later that day because it was SO WINDY out. Like crazy windy. But it died right down and there was barely a breeze! So perfect! We had fun roasting our hot dogs!
Brianna with her Grandma Spencer!



DJ and I cuddling together. I was freezing.....I think I had 2 coats on. Just trying to stay warm!



DJ loves taking pictures of  me. 


Hanging out with cool Grandma and Grandpa Spencer! Ha ha!


Then I had made a nature treasure hunt for the kids to do. I was trying to think of something that they could do while I sat in my comfy chair. It worked out perfect. The kids had a BLAST running around finding the things on their lists. It worked out perfectly!
A fun picture of our family on our farm!


The dogs trying to get some left overs from Eric!

Abbi in the middle of their treasure hunt!

Just a cool picture of the lane!

Cadence showing me her cute little corn on the cob!

Brianna with hers!

She thought if she heated it up it'd turn into popcorn! Ha ha!


Then Richard and Eric set up a screen outside and we got a movie going outside. We got the treats out and the kids got all comfy and with blankets and chairs and had fun watching their movie outside. I was freezing and tired. So I got bundled up and snuggled in my bed in the trailer! It was the perfect camping trip! Ha ha!
Eric and Richard setting up the projector!

Abbi and her dad ran down to get some more fire wood.

We had to build it back up so I could stay warm!

Waiting for it to get a bit darker before we started the movie.

We decided to get the movie going.

The kids getting all comfy outside!

DJ wanted to be all bundled up!


The watched the Minions movie!


I slept so good in the trailer. I've been having troubles getting a good nights rest. I either am over thinking things and can't fall asleep. Or else my legs are aching so bad. But for some reason I fell asleep early and slept ALL night. It felt so good. I think I really needed that! Huge difference when you actually get a good nights sleep! Then we just drove the quad over to the house. The kids brought all the dirty clothes in and started the wash for me. That was our little camping trip. So much fun!

No comments: