Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, October 14, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016!!!

DJ came home on the bus by himself on Friday. The girls had Activity Days. So I went outside to meet him. He was excited to come off the bus and show me what he made. It was a Thanksgiving Turkey cookie. So cute!!!
DJ with his cute Turkey Cookie!!

On Saturday it was so nice out. So I had the kids help me clean up outside a bit. I didn't do any lifting or anything. I just showed them what to do. Then Abbi, DJ and I took the truck to the dump to unload it. They were huge helps. On the way home DJ drove for a little bit, all by himself, on the gravel road. Then Abbi drove the rest of the way home. It was a fun morning! Ha ha!
I slid right by the door and DJ was driving all by himself. He was very focused.

My long legged boy is big enough to actually drive and see out the window. He's too big. No worries we were going really slow.

Abbi was an old pro at driving.

Keeping her eyes on the road.

We decided to go into Lethbridge Saturday night to go out for dinner as a family. It had been quite a while since we've done that together. So away we went. The kids were so excited to be going. We went to Montana's. The food was delicious and it was fun to visit as a family. Then we went to the Dollar Store to get a few things. Richard got a music disc which we listened to all the way home. It got the kids a little wild, to say the least. So we drove up to the trampoline and had them go outside and jump to get rid of some energy. Ha ha! Crazy kids! It was a fun evening!

My crazy kids jumping on the trampoline.



On Sunday we went to our ward and just went to our Sacrament Meeting. Then we took off to Cardston for Thanksgiving Dinner at Richard's parents house. DJ was so excited to have turkey dinner. For days he kept asking me if it was "Turkey Day" yet! Ha ha! Made me laugh!! He couldn't wait to eat some turkey.

So we got there just in time to eat. Which was perfect. All my kids were starving. Me, on the other hand, couldn't really eat anything. Everything looked absolutely delicious but I couldn't eat very much. It's actually very frustrating. But I took a little bit and enjoyed what I could eat.

After dinner we relaxed and the kids played and the adults visited. We got the kids to go outside and play. Then they ended up walking to a playground. I went and picked them up later to save them the walk home. They were having fun. Then they came in and started playing card games with all the cousins and Grandpa Spencer. They were having so much fun. It was fun to listen to them play!
These girls were tickling Uncle David and then he retaliated!!!

Playing around in the living room.

Spencer and DJ had fun playing together and playing on the IPad.

Having so much fun playing cards.


We headed home around 9pm. The weather forecast kept saying that there was a snowfall warning in effect. Which seemed so crazy to us. It didn't look like it was going to snow. So we were thinking that it was wrong. We went to bed in our warm house and we woke up to winter wonder land. It was absolutely insane. And it kept snowing all day long! The kids were SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! We had to find all our winter stuff and get everyone outfitted for the day so we could go out to my parents farm.
DJ looking out the door at all the snow.

Look at all that snow. Crazy stuff!


We left around 10am and the roads were terrible. The plows hadn't been out anywhere. It was a little crazy. We took it slow, but made it to my parents house safe and sound. Then the kids got on their snow stuff and were ready to go play in the snow. They wanted Uncle David to pull them behind the quad. They had so much fun! DJ had fun playing in the snow and trying to jump on the trampoline. It was a fun morning! I even went for a little ride behind the quad. Ha ha!!!
DJ trying so hard to jump on the trampoline.

DJ had fun in the deep snow.

Abbi and Brianna were bundled right up, you could barely see their eyes.

David pulling them behind the quad.

Ha ha.....Abbi even tried glasses on. It was hard for them to see anything with all the fluffy snow in their face.


They stayed out for hours. Especially when the other cousins showed up!!

Cadence and DJ playing in the backyard.

Then we had our yummy dinner. It was delicious. Again, I couldn't eat very much, but still enjoyed what I had. The kids had fun eating out on the kids table in the tv room. There's always lots of laughing coming from there!
Dishing up plates full of yummy food.



DJ has fun goofing around with Uncle Cody!


There's the kids table. Grandma came and joined them!

It was a fun day. I was exhausted after we ate. I went and laid down and had a nap. This whole healing process takes a while! Then I got up and played a game. I didn't last the whole game. It's too uncomfortable for me to sit at a table for too long. So I went down to the tv room and watched Jungle Book with the kids. Nate came and wanted to sit on my lap. So he snuggled in and was watching the movie with me. Then he fell asleep. He's such a cutie. Ari tried to sit with me but she wiggles too much and was hurting my stomach, so I had Anna take her off.

After the movie we gathered up all our stuff and got ready to go. The kids had school the next day so we didn't want to be too late getting home. Everyone was pretty tired, because they had such a fun and busy day. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: