Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ten On Thursday!!!!

1. The last few weeks of the summer I was always trying to figure out ways to get the kids outside to play. So we made up a game where they would run outside and hide. I would give them about 5 minutes. Then I would get on the quad and drive around to find them. If I spotted them and got close I would yell, "Got you!" It was actually a lot of fun. We would do this for hours. They would run everywhere and hide in crazy spots! I would find them by the bales, in the bushes, in the garden (they would hide in the corn), and sometimes down by the creek. They loved it and it was something I could do and it wouldn't totally wear me out! We did it a lot!!
Brianna running on the bales with Cadence!
Cadence running around too!



DJ watching on the quad!



Cool picture of Cadence and Brianna playing at the creek!

DJ only wanted to watch them!

She wanted her picture on the big rock!



2. We've had some cool days and on one of those days, Brianna came home from school and her Grandma Spencer taught her how to make the homemade chicken noodle soup. Brianna was in heaven. She loves to learn new things in the kitchen. It was very cute to watch. Plus the soup was delicious!!
Brianna busy making some homemade noodles!


3. We had such a gorgeous evening one time, with the sun setting and no wind, so I got my camera to go take some pictures. The kids had fun taking pictures with me! They like to take pictures of me too, which is nice to have a few pictures with me in it too!
Love this picture of Brianna, DJ and Cadence with the sun setting behind them!

Aw, they love each other!

Me with Abbi and Cadence!


With me being sick, I lost about 15lbs. Not the recommended way to lose weight tho!

The girls riding our quad up the lane!

Jump DJ!




4. So we never did end up getting Leia fixed and we are pretty sure that she is now pregnant. Who knows when she's going to have the puppies. But we are thinking probably in the next week or two!! Oops! The kids are super excited. Me, not so much! But oh well. I will get that taken care of as soon as possible after she has her puppies!
There's Leia with her round tummy! She's usually so lean and muscley, so even tho she doesn't look huge, she is a lot bigger then normal.

5. Our garden did pretty good this year. We had 5 rows of corn and lots of pumpkins, carrots, beans and peas. But half our garden got dug up when Richard was digging trenches. Then when I got so sick, I couldn't keep up with all the weeds. But we've loved digging out the carrots and eating them. I love carrots straight from the garden. Seriously, I've been craving them and the kids think its so funny with how many carrots I've been eating! Ha ha!!
DJ's new smile!!

He has a bucket full of yummy carrots that we just dug up!

Abbi was helping then she had to snuggle Tigger!! She loves the kitties!!

6. I had my 39th birthday and felt very spoiled. I had so many people message, text, phone and come visit me that day. Shelly took me out and we got our nails done and then we went shoe shopping. It was a very fun day. Then the kids were so excited to go shopping for me with their dad. Brianna made me a chocolate cake (which was delicious)!! Plus Richard picked up some Chinese Food for supper. So it was a perfect, fun day!! Love all my family and friends so much! Thanks for making me feel so special!!
Happy Birthday to me!!

Wow, look at all those candles!


Brianna's cake that she made and the others helped decorate it and put the writing on! It was delicious!!

7. DJ has had the hardest time with me being sick. When I am home he never wants to leave my side. He is always right there ready to massage my feet or shoulders. He will run and get me some ice water or whatever I need. He's right there to help. The only problem is when it comes to bed time. He doesn't want to leave me. So for a bit he would come to bed with me and then Richard would move him onto our floor. But he's a big kid. Hard to move him without waking him up. So instead, I started to go lay with him in his bed until he'd fall asleep. He's such a sweet heart! This one night he cuddled up beside me while I was playing on my phone. He fell asleep all draped across me. It was so cute. So I had to take a picture!!
So so sweet!! Love this boy so much!!

8. David approached us back in the early spring wondering if we would be open to him building a small house next to ours. He loves being out on the farm and it's something he really wanted. So we thought about it and decided we'd do a garage package and when he moves out, we'll turn it into our shop. So they have been working on it during the summer. It's coming along! He'll probably be in before Christmas! We are excited to have him out here!

Look behind the kids and you can see where they were preparing for the cement for David's place!




9.  Those few days that I felt good I tried to do some fun things with my kids before the end of summer. So one afternoon we met up with Steve and Stacey (they moved to Lethbridge, cause Steve got hired on with the Lethbridge Police....YAY!) and the girls at Get Air! My kids have been wanting to go there in a long time. So we took them. They had a BLAST! Me, Stacey and Steve sat at a picnic table and watched. I took a few pictures. They were so tired by the end of the hour. It was perfect!!




10. The next day we drove out to Taber to the White's place. We decided to go to the Taber Parade with them and then had a BBQ at their place afterwards. Well we got there and set up to watch the parade and it started to pour and then hail. So we all ran to the vehicle. It lasted about 5 minutes and then we went out and stood and finished watching the parade. The kids had a blast! It was cute! Then after we had dinner at their house we took off for home. We drove by the carnival and my kids REALLY wanted to go. So we went! They went on 3 rides each. They all had a blast. I love watching my kids have fun. It was worth it. I was so tired by the time we got home, but I'm so glad we were able to do a few fun things together!
This was right after the down pour. My kids with Keaton!



You can see all 3 of my girls on the swing ride. DJ was not interested in this one!!

DJ was only interested in the strawberry ride, so here they are all waiting together!

They had fun spinning the strawberry. It made me dizzy just watching! Ha ha!!

I let them pick 1 game to play together. This was the gopher one. They had a blast!

Abbi coming down the big slide!

Here comes DJ, Cadence and Brianna. I talked DJ into trying it and he loved it!

They were all laughing. They would of gone again, but we were out of tickets!

We got home late.....they were all sleeping but Abbi popped up just as I stopped to take the picture in our driveway!!

11. OK one more. We started drywalling our upstairs a couple of weeks ago. We had a big dry walling party on a Saturday. We had a lot of family and friends show up to help. Then on the following Monday and Tuesday Brent came out and worked with Richard and those 2 got a lot of done. Almost got it all hung. Richard finished it with his dad the next Saturday. Our friend, Ken, has been mud and taping and sanding. So exciting to see the work get done. Then we also got our cupboards put together and hung. So exciting! Love how roomy it all feels! I love my big windows too!
The truck delivering the drywall. I was so excited!!


And let the fun begin!


Richard was getting our tinwork put in so we could finish off the drywall in our bedroom and bathroom.

No comments: