Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crazy Black Friday Shopping!

I wanted to go Black Friday shopping again this year. It was so crazy and fun last year, that it had to happen again. So Megan, and I and Renee decided we were going to go. But then Renee and Theron went and bought a house and she couldn't come. Way to go Renee! Jokes.....very excited about your new house....we were just super sad you wouldn't be coming. No worries, I got my SIL, Lisa to come with us. We all had a blast together.

We left Thursday afternoon and got to Great Falls around 3pm. It was so nice that we could take our time and not be in a huge rush. We checked into our hotel and figured out what we were going to do for dinner. Luckily the hotel we stayed in served dinner. So that solved that problem. We relaxed and then went and ate some food. It wasn't the greatest, but it filled us up. Then we went and got our lists and walkie talkies and we were ready to go!

We went to Walmart first. They started earlier this year. We got there at 7pm and they opened some things at 8pm. It was a mad house in there.....just like last year. I got the things I could and decided not to stress about what I didn't get. We met at the cashiers and paid and took our first load out to the car. Then we came back in for the 10pm. I got a few other things and picked some stuff up for Megan. She was standing in line for a computer....which she found out later it wasn't the one she wanted. Oh well:( We went through the cashiers the 2nd time and then went out to the car.

Then we headed to K-Mart. We only got a few things there. We took turns standing in line. Lisa and I came up to Megan as she was going up to the cashiers. That got the lady behind her all excited. I didn't really care, because we'd been standing in line for a good 30mins. But Lisa couldn't leave it alone. I finally told Lisa to shush it!! Ha ha! I really didn't want to get into a fight with anybody! We had a good laugh about it after wards!

After K-Mart we headed over to Target. We walked in and the line for check-outs was HUGE! I went and stood in line while the other two went and did their shopping. Lisa came back first and then I took off and met Megan. She helped me finish my shopping. Then we came back to find Lisa. We couldn't find her and then I saw her jumping up and down by the cashiers. It was crazy how fast that line moved. So we went to the next cashier. We were out of there within 45mins and I got a lot of my shopping done there. It was sweet!

We then stopped at the mall. We went to Sears and a few other stores. We didn't stay long. We were all beat. We got back to the hotel just after 1am. Lisa insisted that we take everything inside. I kind of groaned about it, but I'm glad we did. We hauled everything in. Then Megan and I crashed. I think Lisa got her second wind, and was laughing and talking to herself....sorry Lisa I couldn't keep my eyes open!! ha ha!

Lisa and I woke up around 10am. We went and soaked in the hot tub, then came back to get ready for the day. We went and had a yummy breakfast and then went to finish up our shopping. We went back to Walmart, Target and the mall. I totally cleaned up my shopping. In the meantime, we were filling up Megan's car. We ended up buying a soft top, to strap on top of her vehicle. Good thing! By this time I had lost my voice. My body couldn't keep up with everything I was doing. I was getting sick. I knew it was going to happen! Oh well.....I pushed through it!

We decided to go have a yummy dinner at Applebees. So that's what we did! It was super busy there. I ended up running into someone who knew me and we had a whole conversation on how they are doing and where they are at now. After they left, I asked Megan if she knew who they were. I was so confused, I had no idea who I talked too! Bad, eh?! It really bugged me, I finally decided it must of been someone I worked with after I got back from my mission. My memory is horrible!

That night we watched shows and ate ice cream and talked and giggled all night long! Well Lisa and I stayed up late. Megan crashed again. I woke up around 9am the next morning and my back was toast. I couldn't lay down any longer. I was dying! After we were all ready we started taking loads of all our stuff out to Megan's car. It was packed! Good thing we bought that soft top!
Lisa and I showing how stuffed the vehicle was!!

Here's Megan and I! Here you can see the soft top, which was stuffed full too!

We packed stuff all around where Lisa sat too!

We stopped at Famous Footwear and then headed for breakfast (a really late one) and then we headed home. It was a super fun and successful trip! So glad we went! I am ALL done my Christmas shopping and the girls' birthday shopping too. So nice! I love getting all done at once! Richard does too! he he!

We came through the border and didn't have to pay any duty! YEAH! Got home and Richard and the kids were in Cardston. It worked out perfect for me. I was able to organize all my stuff and put it in totes and into the trailer. It's all in one spot, which works the best for me. Last year I forgot where I put a bunch of presents! I did finally find them, but it took me forever. It was a fun weekend!

No comments: