Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Weekend Getaway!

Last weekend, Richard and I were able to get away all by ourselves! It has been a while since we have been able to do this. Things have been so busy with work, school, kids and just life. We had a chance and decided to take it. Good thing for awesome parents! Richard's parents took the kids Friday to Saturday. Then my parents took them from Saturday to Sunday. The kids were thrilled to find out that they were having a sleep over at both sets of Grandparents! They were very happy and excited to go.

I packed and cleaned the house Friday morning. I got everything all ready and Bear all packed up. Then we went and picked up the girls from school and drove straight to Cardston. We dropped them off at their Grandma and Grandpa Spencer's house. We gave them all hugs and kisses and left 4 happy kids! I was worried about DJ, but he was a happy camper, so away we went.

We had booked a place in Fernie right on the hill. We got there around 6pm and checked in. We had stopped at Walmart in Pincher Creek and picked up some food. Our room had a full kitchen. So that was nice, we could make our own food. We just relaxed and watched TV. Then we went our and relaxed in the hot tub. It started to snow as we were out there. Love sitting outside in a hot tub while it's snowing!
Us hanging out in the hot tub!

I tried to get a picture of it snowing, but managed to get a lot of the steam from the hot tub!

We woke up early Saturday morning. Not on purpose, but to Richard's cell phone ringing. Then I couldn't go back to sleep, because my back was killing me. The bed was horrible. I went and relaxed on the couch and we watched TV and had breakfast.
The view from our room. One of the ski lifts went right by our room.

Since we were up early we got ready and got our ski rentals right there at our hotel. Then we skied from the back door down to the hill. We had to get our tickets. Megan was planning on meeting us around 10am. So we went and did a few runs by ourselves. Then we met Megan. Away we went. It was a fun morning. The only bad thing was the bottom of any of the runs. It was pretty bare, and you had to be careful. There were streams that we were skiing over. The first time I did, it kind of freaked me out. But on the top of the mountain the snow was nice and fluffy and it was good skiing.
Megan snowboarding in her fancy new pants and matching goggles! Looking hot Megan!!

Richard at the top. Loved the view of the mountains and trees, oh of my husband too!! he he!

Just to prove that I was there skiing too! I had the camera in my pocket!

We stopped and had lunch at the Lodge. Then we went back out ready to go. We did a few more runs. Oh funny story that happened. Richard and I got way ahead of Megan and we stopped to wait for her. He was sitting on a log, and I was standing. My legs were so tired so I plopped down in the snow, and instead of it being a little firm I ended up buried in snow. It was very comfortable so I just layed there and waited. I was wearing all white, except for my helmet. I heard Megan say hi to Richard so I popped up and said hi too. Well Megan was going right beside me. I scared her so bad that she almost wiped out! She didn't see me at all. We were laughing so hard about it at lunch time! It was pretty funny. By about 2pm I was having a rough time. My left leg was killing me. It felt like my ankle was broken. Every time I turned it would hurt so bad. So when I got to the bottom, I decided to go back to our hotel and see if I could switch the ski boot. When we took it off, there were huge welts down my shin and ankle and the top of my foot. The guy couldn't figure out why the boot did that to me. We tried another boot and I took off. I didn't make it very far. I found Richard and Megan and told them I was done. Megan said she was tired too. So we went back to our hotel room. Richard skied a bit longer.
Megan flying by me!

Richard waiting for me and Megan.

It was nice to go and lay down and relax. I've really enjoyed skiing these past few years. Thanks so much Megan for encouraging us to go! I enjoyed talking and laughing with Megan too! We always have so much fun together. Richard came back about an hour later. Then I gave Megan a ride back to her vehicle and she took off for home. Richard and I decided to go into Fernie to get some food for supper. We stopped and got a few snacks too and a puzzle.

We came back and ate wings and some pasta for supper. It was delicious. While we ate, we worked on a puzzle together. Richard really got into it. As for me, I couldn't do it for a long period of time. So I would take a break and then come back and help him. He stayed at it for hours. Then we finally finished it.

Richard, very focused, working on the puzzle! It was a hard one!

Me with the finished puzzle. Of course, my eyes are closed!!

Sunday morning we were able to sleep in till about 8:30am. It felt better then waking up at 6:30am! We took our time and had breakfast and got ready. We checked out at 11am and headed for home. We got to my parents at 2:30pm. They had just gotten back from church. The kids were all so happy! It was a fun weekend. Thanks to both of our parents for watching our kids!


No comments: