Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ten On Wednesday!

I'm really trying to catch up with my blog. I was having problems with my blog last week. It wouldn't let me upload any pictures. It said I hit my capacity and had to pay. But after getting advise from a fellow blogger, I deleted all my old pictures from Picasa. It worked perfectly. It just took time. So I thought that this would be a quick way to get caught up too!

1. We've had crazy weather this fall/winter. We got some really good snow falls last month, but haven't had any snow since then. Abbi and DJ spent hours making a snowman one afternoon. They had a blast. It was fun to watch them out in our yard, working hard together!

2. I decided to join the Weight Loss Challenge at the library this year. It started back in September and today was our final weigh in. I can proudly say that I lost 17lbs exactly! YEAH!! I just ate healthier and watched my portion sizes. I used an app on my phone that I could keep track of what I'm eating and also my exercise. That was a huge help. I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds and then just maintain. Next week is when they reveal the top 3 winners. I'm hoping I win some money, because then I can go shopping! Yeah!!


 The left picture was taken at the end of September. The right picture was taken beginning of December and with 17lbs gone! Yeah!


3. DJ is doing awesome in his speech. We had our last session with GiGi (her name is Ginger, but that's how DJ says her name) yesterday. Kind of sad. Her contract is up and she is moving on to something else. So DJ is getting transferred to another therapist. It should be interesting because DJ "woves (loves) GiGi!" Lately he's been saying to me, "It happens mom, it happens." Anytime I ask him why he did something or if I ask what happened, that's the answer I get...."It happens"! So funny!
I caught DJ drinking from the milk carton. Crazy kid!

4. Had our Magrath Hometown Christmas and it was a blast. Brianna was picked by the Mayor to push the "magic button" to turn on all the Christmas lights. She was so excited to do that. Then we saw Santa. It was so funny, because when it was our turn, Santa looked at the kids and said, "Oh you must be the Spencer kids? I knew your dad when he was just a little boy, and he was so bad." Well all my kids had this shocked look on their faces! Then Santa laughed and said, "No, your dad was a good boy." It was so funny. My girls all asked for makeup, because they thought it was funny, the reaction they got from Santa. He kept telling them that they are beautiful and don't need make up. For some reason they all thought it was hilarious! So now at home, they play Santa and take turns asking for make up! Funny kids!
Brianna with the Mayor, just pushing the button.


Cadence got to sit with Santa first. She told him she wanted make up.

Brianna with Santa, and asking for make up too.

Abbi talking with Santa and telling him about make up too!

DJ wasn't sure about what he thought about Santa!

5. The girls are skating every day for school. I've been helping putting skates on. I stayed today and it's so funny to see kids falling everywhere. Abbi and Brianna have caught on and are having fun. Cadence just doesn't like it. It kind of freaks her out. But she keeps trying. Usually a teacher always has her. I've walked around holding onto her hand too! She likes to hang onto the side boards! It's fun to go and watch them!
Brianna skating, with the pink coat and white helmet. Abbi getting help from a parent (in the brown snow pants and black helmet)!

This picture cracks me up! Cadence hanging onto the edge for dear life!!! She wasn't so sure about skating! But she hung in there and did it!

6. Spent all day Tuesday at my mom's making the fondants for chocolates. We are going to dip them next week. They are going to be so yummy!!!
Me, Tiffani and Megan sporting our cool aprons and a spatula!! ha ha! Sorry the pic is a bit fuzzy!

Me trying a new chocolate recipe. It said to mix it with my hands, so that's what I did. Very messy, but it will be so so yummy!

DJ was so good and entertained himself the whole time. Here he was talking to his stuffed animals and saying "Yeehaw"! What a cute little boy!

7. My niece, Keira, is super cute! She had this hat on and it just made her blue eyes stand out! So stinking cute! She would do the cutest gum smile! But of course I couldn't get it on camera! She's still so cute!
Cute little Keira. Here I got a half smile!!

She just wanted my phone!!

8. I love that all my Christmas shopping is done! Now to enjoy the season and focus on the real meaning of Christmas.

9. The girls are turning 7 this year and they all want to have a friend birthday party. I'm a bit stuck on that though. How do you do a friend birthday party on Dec 26? So I was thinking we might do it in January sometime. We will see!

10. Love good babysitters. I have one that we use most of the time that is amazing. She's younger, but it totally amazes me how she keeps everything so clean! We came home on Friday and the basement was spotless. I was a bit embarrassed because it was a mess when we left. I asked my girls and they told me that they wanted to surprise me. So they picked everything up and even vacuumed. The babysitter helped a little. Such a nice surprise! Loved it!

No comments: