Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Out With The Old.....In With The New!

As I posted a bit ago, our suburban is gone. The insurance wrote it off, and we started looking for another one. We looked EVERYWHERE!! We just couldn't find an older one with low km`s. So we broaden our search and found a vehicle in Regina, SK. It was a Cadillac Escalade. I laughed at Richard when he showed me. It was super nice, and I didn't think he was being serious. But after looking at all our choices, this one kept sticking out. So we made a few phone calls and decided to buy it. It is a 2005 Escalade, with only 100,000km`s. That`s what we loved about it most. The only problem was it was in Regina, which is 7hrs away. Richard`s mom came to our rescue. She came over Tuesday night so we could leave early Wednesday morning.
There goes our suburban.

Bye, bye old burb!!!

We were up at and going before 5am. We hit the road by 5am. I drove the first 4hrs, and then we stopped and had breakfast. Then Richard drove the rest of the way. I promptly fell asleep for about 1hr. I woke up and felt that we were sliding. We all of the sudden hit an icy patch. It really scared me. Richard had it under control and slowed right down. All the vehicles in front of us were pulling over. There were a few that went in the ditch. So we were only going about 30km an hour. That was for about 10kms and then the roads were fine. But then it started to pour. It rained for the last 1hr of our drive. The weather was a little crazy.

We got there and took the Escalade for a drive. It was so nice. We bought it and put our plates on it, in the pouring rain. It was turning all the snow to slush, and making the roads into a huge mess. Then we were on our way back home. I drove the van, and followed Richard for the first hour. Then we stopped in Moose Jaw and ate lunch. We saw a sign for Bonanza. It brought back some child hood memories for both of us, so we decided to go eat there. We shouldn't of gone! It shattered our memories. It was horrible! Oh well! Then we took off.
Not the greatest picture....but here is Bear in our garage. It's blowing like crazy and I didn't feel like going outside!

I got in the Escalade and was following Richard. We drove for about 30mins and then the roads started getting bad. It was very slippery out. There were a few bad accidents that we passed. It was starting to scare me a bit. Then we came to a complete stop. We sat in traffic for about 30mins. Then it started to slowly move. Two semis spun out on a hill and were stuck. The cop was slowly letting people go, but telling us to stay in the right lane. So away we went. We were only going about 60kms an hour. It took us a long time to get to the next city. We pulled over to take a break. Then off we went again. To make a long story short it was a LONG day and took us a long time to get home. We hit a snow storm next, and the roads were still pretty icy. But we finally made it home around 10pm.

I was too tired to go too bed. If that makes any sense. I knew if I went to bed I'd just be dreaming of driving. So we watched some tv, then I finally fell asleep. The kids were so excited to see the new vehicle. We called our last vehicle, "burb", or "truck". So we came up with a new name for our Escalade. It's big and black, so we called it "Bear"! DJ thinks that hilarious, and loves telling me that he's going to get into "bear"!! So that's the story how we got Bear!!!

No comments: