Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Puppies and Birds of Prey!

On Monday, after the whole skunk spraying fiasco, Leia and I went for a long walk in the morning. We heard from so many people that there was bull Moose down by our creek. People came and saw it Sunday evening. But we weren't here. So I thought I'd take a walk in the morning and see if I could see it. I ended up seeing it's tracks everywhere and got a good picture of some deer. But Leia and I enjoyed our walk. I noticed that she was walking a little funny and making funny sounds. We had found out just a few weeks before that she is going to have puppies. We had no idea when, and didn't want to pay money for an ultra sound. We were thinking the end of October. But by the way she was walking I realized it might be sooner!





That night we couldn't find her. It was around 5pm, we finally found her in her doghouse. She wouldn't come out. She was just laying there. I told Richard that she was probably going to have puppies. He didn't really believe me. I kept checking on her that night until I went to bed. We had put her dog house in the garage and got things set up a few weeks before....just in case!

Tuesday morning I woke up and went out to start the bus. As I was walking out of the garage I could hear some licking noises. I started the bus and then came back. I opened up the roof of the dog house and there was Leia having her puppies. There were two and she was still in full out labour. So I shut the roof so the heat would stay in. I went in and told Richard and the kids. They were all excited.

When I came home from the bus I checked again and there was a big pile of puppies. It was impossible to figure out how many there were. I left them be so Leia could continue to lick them all off. She was being such a good momma! All the puppies were all black. So later that day, when we were home from school, the kids helped me clean up Leia's bed in the dog house. They sat down and I put a towel over their laps and carefully got the puppies out. Then I cleaned up her pillow and put clean towels all over. So they wouldn't be all wet.
There's Leia with her cute little puppies. She had 8.....7 male and 1 female!

Look at all those puppies!


Abbi and Brianna holding the puppies while I was cleaning the dog house. Leia was very worried and wouldn't leave the puppies at all. So cute!

Cadence wasn't sure about holding these cute puppies!

DJ holding a tiny little black puppy!

Brianna holding a cute puppy!
Abbi couldn't stay away from these cute little puppies!!

I then had to take off to the school. I was driving the school bus for the Grade 4 field trip to Birds of Prey. I got there and we left just after 10am. I am so happy I volunteered to drive. It was, by far, the coolest field trip I've ever gone on. I love going with my girls! I think they enjoy it too. We learned so much about owls and eagles. So cool. I took lots of pictures. So enjoy all the pictures of the field trip!!
Just outside Birds of Prey ready to go inside.

Going in an orderly fashion!!

Cadence petting a burrowing owl!

Abbi's turn!

Brianna petting the burrowing owl!

Checking out the barn owl.

Abbi, Sophia and Brianna listening intently!

Cadence petting the Great Horned Owl!

This one was a bit bigger and intimidating then the others!
Showing us the Great Horned Owl's wing span!


Talking about the other types of owls!

A Hawk squawking at us!


What a beautiful fall day!

The kids were a little nervous about having this huge eagle so close to them!


Crazy looking Vulture!
The Eagle showing us his cool tricks!

Coming to get the meat from his handler.

It was so cool to watch!


Awesome picture of the Eagle!

This is Mrs. Karren`s class, which is Brianna`s class. She`s in the 2nd row on the left.

Here`s Mrs. Bolt`s class, which is Abbi and Cadence`s class....they are both on the 2nd row opposite sides!

My 3 beautiful girls and myself with the Eagle! It kept hitting me in the head with it`s wings! Ha ha!

No comments: