Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ten On Tuesday!

1. So we've been having families coming out and picking out a puppy the last couple of weeks. I posted them for sale when they were 3 weeks old. I figured people need to come see them when they are so tiny and cute. It worked, they went really fast. David (Richard's employee) and his wife picked two out. They wanted the girl for sure. Then they picked out a boy the next day. I told my kids who was taking Daisy (that's what we called her). We were driving home from Lethbridge. Well the looks on all their faces was complete shock. They were thinking we were going to keep a lot of the puppies. Cadence burst out into tears and starting sobbing. She was heart broken. I felt so bad. We explained to them that we were only keeping one dog. We had picked out the runt of the litter and we call him Brownie! I told them who was taking Daisy and they are name her Lily! So now we call her Lily. The kids know who David is and that made them feel better. So it's been a little crazy with people coming and picking out their puppies. My kids want to be right in there and show them all the puppies. I finally had to tell my kids that they had to stay in the house. People want to pick out their own puppies. Ha Ha!! Plus we had to put Leia in the house because she hates it when strangers come. She starts to growl and gets very protective over her puppies. Then after people are finished looking at the puppies I bring Leia out and she runs out and charges the people. I tell them ahead of time what she's going to do, so they're not nervous. She charges them and stops and sniffs them and then she runs to her puppies and counts them with her nose. The funniest thing ever. She's a good momma!
Moose (the puppy) meeting Rosco......part of his new family!

Louise holding Moose and Rosco! They brought Rosco to meet Moose!


This is Digger!

Big pile of puppies!!


2. DJ loves to get down on the floor and play with his toys. Sometimes he tries to get his sisters to play with him. He will get mad if they say no. But then he ends up on the floor by himself in his own little world having so much fun. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does I love watching him. So one day I got my camera out and took pictures. It didn't even bother him....he just kept playing away!
DJ working so hard on his log cabins!


Love his cute face! He was thinking hard!


And the finished result. He did a great job!

3. Richard and Justin have been working hard on the weekends getting the soffit done on our house. Plus the siding. We have half the house sided now! Yeah!! Plus we had someone come put gutters on the house. It's starting to actually look like a house we can live in! Ha ha! People always act surprised that we are living here! Ha ha....it does look like a construction zone!
Richard ready to go out in the cold to work!

Eric and Richard putting on the siding!



It's starting to look so good!

4. We've had a Genie Lift at our house on most weekends to get things done on the house. One Sunday afternoon Richard was driving up to the trailer so it would be ready to go Monday morning. He told me to get on. So I jumped on and he drove up to the trailer. I went to get off and he grabbed my arm and started lifting us up. He lifted it ALL the way up. We were way up there. It was so freaky. I was screaming and telling him to take it down. We were swaying back and forth and he was laughing. I am so scared of heights. We were way to high. I was crouching down and hanging on with both hands. He wanted me to take a selfie of us but I couldn't let go...so he did! Sheesh! Give me a heart attack. We came down and he gave the kids a little ride. Then I got on by myself and went up a ways so I could take pictures with my camera. I didn't go all the way up. It was better by myself. Nobody else was up there moving around making it sway! I got some cool pictures!
Richard taking Brianna and Cadence up!

I told him not too take it up too high!


I missed getting a picture of Abbi and DJ up in the air! But they loved it!

Cool picture of the clouds!


My bus way down below!

Picture of the windmills off in the distance!

Abbi jumping up and down!! Ha ha!!

Cool picture of the scenery!

5. We've had a lot of puppy love going on around here! We took them all outside one Saturday when it was super nice outside and not windy. It was so fun to watch them run around and get excited. They are pretty dang cute! They also learned out to climb the stairs and whine and cry at the door till we open it. Then they all run in and go crazy! Ha ha! It's become a morning ritual for the puppies and the kids! So funny to watch!








DJ showing us how fast he can run!

6. We had our first snow last week! The kids were so excited. They wanted to go behind the quad right away....but that didn't work on Monday. So Tuesday after school, I got the quad ready and found the sled. Then Steve and Stacey showed up with Mikah and Shaylee. So exciting to see them! So Mikah pulled the kids around on the quad. They had a blast. They didn't last too long....because it was kind of chilly out! But they had a blast!
Mikah pulling the kids behind the quad!

Their scary faces!! Ha ha!

Mikah's determined "crazy driver" face!! Ha ha!

7. The kids had no school on Wed, Thurs or Fri last week. It was nice having them home with me. On Wednesday after we slept in I took them outside and pulled them around behind the quad. They had a blast. Plus it wasn't very cold out. So that made it even better. Some friends came out and we gave them turns too. It was a fun day just staying home and having fun together! Plus Richard put our vanity together for our ensuite! So exciting. I love the color! We just need to get some counter tops!

8. I discovered the hard way that giving Leia a bath means I'm getting a bath too! ha ha! It was INSANE!! But she was so dirty. It was the hardest work out ever. My legs were like jello afterwards. Trying to hold her in the bathtub and scrub in the shampoo at the same time...then get the soap out. Sheesh......it was a little CRAZY! The room had water all over the walls and floors. We got Leia out and she stood there and shook everywhere. But now she is so clean! Ha ha!! We gave Brownie a bath too and Digger. They are the only two puppies left. We are keeping Brownie though! Anyways, that's what we did for FHE! DJ came to me after and told me it was the BEST FHE ever!! Ha ha! I let the kids bathe the puppies. I was there just helping a little bit!
DJ drying Brownie off. He loved giving him a bath!

Abbi cuddling Brownie!

Cadence holding Digger!

These two dried Digger off and then brushed him all over!! Ha ha....so cute!

9. Back before Halloween we took the kids to the Magrath Museum Haunted House. They were advertising this for the kids. My kids really wanted to go. We explained to them that people were going to try to scare them. But they still wanted to go! So away we went. Well it was kind of a disaster. Richard ended staying outside with DJ and Cadence. I took Brianna and Abbi. We got through and came outside and a person jumped out and startled me and I screamed. Well Brianna ripped her hand out of mine and ran as fast as she could to the gate. I yelled, "Remember the chain saw guy." But it was too late. He jumped in front of her and started his chain saw. She screamed and jumped so far. She was screaming and crying and he kept jumping in front of her. I ended up carrying her out of there. But the bad thing was I got the giggles. The whole thing was kind of funny. When I get scared I scream and then laugh. Well I was trying not to laugh, cause Brianna was so freaked out. Plus Richard was mad that the kids got so scared. I had to look out the window on the way home so I could fight back my laughs! Ha ha! Oh the joys!

10. I was driving into Lethbridge with Cadence and Brianna one day. Cadence was talking about the difference between a bull and a cow. Ha ha! Then she said, "When they gutter the bull then it becomes a cow." I asked her to explain and she said, "You know they gutter it and now it's not a bull!" Ha ha ha!! So funny! It made me laugh out loud! That girl cracks me up!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

Holy I have some serious catching up to do on your cute family! Can I just say first that those puppies are KILLING ME! And hello how cute is the name MOOSE?! I swear I can smell them through the computer screen and I'm dying. Bring me one already!;) Your house looks amazing! And you can't beat that view! How exciting for you guys!! You've been busy busy!