Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Photography Class!

So Tiffani and I have been wanting to take a photography class together for a long time. So when the opportunity came up to take one with Rhonda Steed in Raymond we jumped at that chance. I'm so glad we did. It was 4 classes that were 2 hours long. We went once a week through the month of October. The first class we went too she told us to all get our cameras out and switch it to M, which is manual. Then she told us that for the next month it's not coming off of M! Ha ha!

Then she started teaching us about shutter speed, Aperture and ISO and what they all meant. I was feeling pretty over whelmed. But then the last hour of the class we went outside and took pictures using the techniques that she just talked about. She was right there to help show us on our cameras too. That helped so much. It made me feel like I could do it. I am such a hands on person, when it comes to learning. So I'm so glad we were able to go out and try everything she talked about with her right there. On most weeks she had some cute models for us to practise on! I feel like I learned so much from her!
She taught us to set our exposure by putting our hand out. So here's Tiffani setting her camera!

All the ladies in our class. We were taking pictures of a cute baby!

A perfect fall tree! Love that I can take pictures in Manual!
 
It actually got me super excited to take pictures. And that week I took a LOT of pictures. Megan and Chris wanted me to take pictures of them for the 1 year anniversary coming up. So I did. I think they turned out pretty good. I still have lots to learn.

These two are the cutest together! So in love!



This was a cool picture with the clouds in the back ground!

Oh I should mention that on Friday we trapped a skunk in front of the garage. I left on the bus and I guess Richard went out to kill the skunk and Leia ran in front and the skunk sprayed. The bad thing is Richard left his office window wide open. Yup it was very stinky at our house. Richard was so mad. He kept calling me as I'm driving and I couldn't help but laugh. But that made his more upset. So I told him I'd call him back. Anyways, he met me at Home Hardware with the kids. He was afraid they all stunk. I got out and could smell the skunk smell faintly. I walked up to Richard's open window and it was so stinky!! Ha ha! So we spent the whole weekend at my parents house. Richard went back to our house and put open containers of vinegar all through the house. He put a paste on Leia to get rid of the smell on her too.
Hanging out together, they got to skip school because of the stinky skunk!

And lucky Max was with us on that crazy day! I was watching him for his mom. He also had a broken collar bone, so he had to be real careful!
Richard and Abbi and I ran to Costco to get a few things on Saturday. They have these huge stuffed bears for sale for only $249.00. Crazy....so Abbi jumped in and I took a picture!

So I got a lot of pictures at my parents house! It was conference weekend too. So we got to watch conference with them. It turned out to be a pretty good weekend. I loved listening to the talks and the messages that were given.


I was so excited to get an action picture and it's not fuzzy. Here's Cadence doing a flip! Love the big fluffy clouds!

Cute Cadence with her eyes closed!

Cadence took a picture of me!

Brianna and Grandma making some cinnamon buns!

Arvilla being so cute in her fluffy dress! Ha ha!

After conference we had dinner with mom and dad and Kim and Cam. It was a nice weekend. Then we came home to our house and luckily the inside was stink free! Yeah! We could only smell vinegar. So we had to clean up all the containers. But they worked. Here are some really cool quotes from the Conference!






Watching conference and coloring at the same time|!

More conference watching!

The kids did really good, coloring and doing there conference packets!
OK, so I have taken a crazy amount of pictures with this class. So I will do it in a few posts!!

No comments: