Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Girls Field Trip!!

The girls went on their field trip first. Then the very next day DJ went! I was asked to drive the bus for both the field trips. I enjoy driving bus for my kids. That's the main reason why I started! So  on the Tuesday we took off with all the Grade 4's for Writing On Stone Park. My girls were so excited to go. They've never been there. So we were off by 9:00am. It was a very full bus!

We got there just after 10:30am. We stopped at the visitors center on the top. The kids got off and had a snack and we explored around the top a little bit. Then we went into the center to check that out. My girls brought their own money and they each bought a little soveniour. They were excited about that. Then we took some pictures of the all the kids in the circle room!
Here's all the Grade 4's with their 2 teachers!! My girls are all right around the middle!

Walking back to the bus from the center.

Then we loaded the bus again and drove down into the park. We parked the bus and told all the kids to leave their lunches on the bus. We were going to go on a hike. So away we went. I stuck close to my 3 girls. It was an information hike that we had to hit different points. It started with #1. We'd stop and the teachers would read what it said and talk to the kids about it! Then we'd go off to the next point.
It was a long follow the leader line on the hike! Ha ha!!

There goes Cadence!

The scenery was beautiful!

Mrs. Karren was pointing out something interesting!
My cutie pie, Abbi!!!


Well, I think it was between #3 and #4 where we got a little lost. We took a wrong turn and walked quite a ways before we realized we were on the wrong path. So we had to turn around and come back and find the right path. So by the time we got to #6 most of the kids were done! So we did one more and then decided to turn back and head back to the bus so we could have lunch.
Abbi was so excited to see a real live cactus! She is definitely my flower girl....loves growing things!

Cool picture of the hoodoo's!

A gold piece left in one of the hoodoo's!


Look at all those kids!

That's quite a big line of kids. They did so good on the hike!

My 3 girls with a few of their friends, Taylor and Sariah!

We had our lunch and then the teachers gathered everyone together and gave them the rules about climbing the hoodoos. Then they gave us an hour time limit! Then away we went. I have to admit that it was really fun, climbing around. I was with my 3 girls and some of their friends. Well, we got split up and I ended up with Brianna and a few other girls. Then we could hear Mrs. Bolt yelling Cadence's name. I looked around (I was up high) and saw Cadence wandering around by herself lost. So I jumped down and went to go find her. We finally did. After that she stuck with us. She was following Abbi and Taylor and they left her in the dust! Ha ha!
Cadence up on the hoodoo's. This was before we lost her! Ha ha! Love her!

Cadence, Taylor and Abbi!

Sariah and Brianna together!

Cool picture of Cadence and Taylor!

My sweetie pie, Brianna!

We had a blast finding new things to climb around in. It was fun to see how high up we could go. The hour went by super duper fast. Seriously, it was so much fun! So happy I came with my girls. Best field trip ever! It was a blast! The teachers then blew their whistles, which meant it was time to head back to the buses. So away we went!
Brianna up on a high hoodoo!

Cadence with Sariah exploring together.

Abbi, me and Sariah!

Me with Brianna and Cadencce!

Brianna stuck with me the whole time, hence why I got lots of pictures of her! ha ha!

Taylor and Cadence just before we left!

Then we headed for home. It was perfect timing. We pulled in at the school, right when the bell rang. I had to get everyone off the bus and go park it out of the way and then grab my school bus and bring it up. So I was a little late for my bus kids. But it all worked out! It was a fun day! I was pretty exhausted by the end and so were the girls, but it was well worth it!

No comments: