Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Day 2011!

OK, I know it's 2012, but I'm trying to quickly catch up on some posts. Richard and I got everything set up on Christmas Eve. I wrote a little note from Santa to the kids about the cookies being delicious and thanking them. I made sure there were some big cookie crumbs left on the plate and put the note on it. They were so excited to see that in the morning! We were in bed by 11pm. Which was a good thing, since I was up with DJ for half the night (no joke). I finally got him back to sleep at 5:30am and I wouldn't let the girls wake him up at all. They had to sit in our room with us and wait. He woke up at 8am, which was a killer for the girls. But there was no way I was going to wake him up, after a night like that. He just wouldn't sleep.
Santa did find us!

Anyways, we finally let them run into the living room to see what Santa brought. To say they were excited is an understatement. They were so excited. It was a very fun morning watching them open presents and be so excited. I was really excited to give Richard his present. I worked very hard on it. The kids helped me make it too! I found a fuzzy hockey blanket and decided to make a jean quilt and put the hockey blanket as the backing. I used our old jeans and made a family jean quilt. It was really fun to make, but it just took me forever. Richard was surprised and loved it. To finish it off I had each of the kids to write him a note and we put it in their pocket on the blanket. I also put a card in his pocket. It was so fun to do! He loves it and uses it all the time. He teased me one night, saying I should of made it bigger. I told him it took me long enough to make this small one!!
DJ loved looking through his stocking and lining all his stuff up!

Cadence loved her Princess Tianna!

Abbi got Princess Belle!

Brianna was really happy and wanted me to take a picture of her candy!

Richard opening my gift to him. He was reading Brianna's note that she helped write. The kids each helped me write their names by their pockets. It was fun to make.

Abbi and Brianna each got a new bike from Santa. It was so nice out that morning, that we went outside so they could try them out. Of course Cadence had to come ride her bike (she got a new one in the summer time). It was fun to watch them ride around on their big bikes! We had to get ready for church and go at 11am. After church we came home and changed then headed out to my mom and dad's for Christmas dinner. It was delicious and fun to just relax a little. I was exhausted, since I only got about 3hrs of sleep. So tired! Trayden helped DJ set up his car track for him. DJ was in heaven and loved playing with it. Chase played basketball with DJ a little bit later outside. It was so cute to look outside and watch them play. DJ loves basketball and was in heaven playing with someone!
DJ so excited to watch his cars race around. Thanks Trayden for setting it up for him!

Chase playing basketball with DJ.

DJ thought it was great fun!

My girls were playing with Mikah and Shaylee downstairs. Aunt Stacey showed me how to do their hair in a cool style. They all sat there so good and let Aunt Stacey do it, no way are they that good for me at home! Later, we were in the living room with the kids downstairs. Cadence came upstairs SCREAMING and very hysterical. I finally got the story from her. She told me she ate a poisonous bug. Or I should say Abbi hit the bug and it flew through the air and landed in Cadence's mouth and she swallowed it. I was trying so hard not to laugh. She was very upset, though, so I settled her down and put a movie on. Then I went downstairs to get the correct story from Mikah. What happened was they saw a centipede and my girls call them poisonous bugs. They squished it with Cadence's toy and flush the bug down the toilet. Later Mikah was reading them a story and Cadence took the toy and without thinking stuck it in her mouth. Well Abbi yelled, "EEEWWW YOU HAVE POISONOUS BUG GERMS IN YOUR MOUTH." Hence why Cadence went very hysterical. She really did think she ate the bug though. I had to sit down and explain to her what happened and what Abbi meant. Even a few hours later Cadence came up to me and said, "Mom my tummy hurts from the poisonous bug I ate." Oh boy, what am I going to do with that girl!
Aunt Stacey doing Cadence's hair.

The cute 3-D bun in Abbi's hair!



DJ was Trayden's helper.

Abbi and Mikah worked together and wouldn't let us see their work in progress! Shaylee, Brianna and Cadence worked together with Aunt Stacey's help!

No comments: