Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 19, 2012

So So Cold!

I can't even complain about our winter so far, UNTIL this week! Ha ha! We've had a very mild winter and I've loved it. But going from +5 to -35 degrees C, about kills a person. I think it shocked our systems. So yesterday when I woke up and checked the weather and it was -35 with a wind shield factor of -44, I made the decision that it was a home day. I kept the girls from school and we stayed in our nice warm houses. It was the best decision ever! It was a fun day!

I tried to think of some fun things to do with the kids so they wouldn't get bored. So we cleaned up the kitchen and I got some bowls and filled them with shaving cream. Then I put some food coloring into each bowl. The kids were so excited. I had Cadence and DJ strip down to their underwear and get in the bathtub. I told them the only rule was to keep the shaving cream in the bathtub. I gave them some paint brushes and they went to work. It was cute to hear them talking and giggling together. They had fun making a master piece in the bathtub. I went into my bathroom and filled the bathtub with some nice warm water. Then when they were done painting we got the shower head down and they took turns washing off the bathtub walls. Easiest mess ever to clean up! Then they ran to my bathroom and jumped into the bathtub and played in the warm water.
Here are Cadence and DJ just starting to paint.

Here they are just finishing. Forget the brushes they just used their hands!

The kids love to swim in my bath tub. Just drives me crazy when they spill water out, because it goes everywhere.

It was now Abbi and Brianna's turn. I got them some new shaving cream with different colors. They stripped down to their underwear too and went to work. Their was a tonne of giggling come from the bathroom with those two together. I could hear shrieking too. They started out quite calm, painting the walls. But then I went in and they were covered head to toe. They decided to paint themselves too! So funny! Again a very easy thing to clean up. I just sprayed them down and the bathtub and got them to run to my room to get in the warm water.
My two little giggle pusses before.

Here they are after! Crazy girls, good thing it's a super easy clean up!

Abbi and Brianna swimming in the warm water and getting clean.

I washed Cadence and DJ's hair and got them out of the bathtub. They got all cuddled up in their housecoats and climbed onto my bed and I put on a movie. So cute to see them all cuddled up! Abbi and Brianna soon joined them on my bed. They cuddled together and watched the movie for a bit!
Cadence and DJ cuddling on my bed.

Cadence, Abbi and DJ cuddling together. I think the house coats were the best Christmas presents ever, they use them all the time.

After we were all dressed for the day we went downstairs and watched the movie, Nanny McPhee. I got the kids all a snack and I ate my breakfast. It was a very relaxing and fun morning. Plus we all stayed nice and warm!

After lunch was all cleaned up I had promised the kids that we would make some cookies. We made a small batch of sugar cookies and then a big batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The kids had a blast icing their own cookies and adding sprinkles on them. Then they all ate a cookie with a glass of milk. I had made supper ahead of time and put it in the crock pot, so supper time wouldn't be crazy. So we had a pretty relaxing afternoon too.
My four cute kids decorating their cookies. Love how they are all so busy! If you look closely you can see me in the mirror taking the picture!

Brianna and DJ eating their cookies! Yummy!

The kids also had me make some tents in each of their rooms. I take a big blanket and put it over the top bunk. They go into the bottom bunk and call it their cave. They would visit each other in their caves. We just had a few fights, not too many, to break up. But over all they all did so good yesterday. I watched my cousins kids, Keaton and Lincoln from about 3:45pm - 7pm. Lincoln is 4mths old and Keaton is almost 2 1/2yrs old. Abbi loves to sit by me and hold Lincoln. So cute to watch. Good thing I had thought ahead and had supper ready to go. Made for a stress free supper time and easy clean up too.
This was on a different cold day but I wanted to post these cute pictures. DJ dressed up like a fireman and was saving his puppies from the fire.

He kept running back and forth from my bedroom (where the fire was!) and spraying the water, then he'd come check on the puppies. It was super cute to watch!

All in all we had a fun day off of school. So glad that I decided to keep them home yesterday. Today we woke up and it was a lot warmer, if you can call -20 warm, but it's a lot better then -35. I can deal with that and got the girls all ready for school. Only 2 days left of school then we have the weekend. Yeah!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

What a fun idea with the shaving cream - I might have to borrow that one. I liked reading about your loose teeth adventures. We haven't started that phase yet.
Carissa