Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's Up!

Now that I am all caught up, I can post about what we've been up to the past week. I already posted about my mother daughter date with Cadence, which we did on Saturday. Last Thursday Cadence finally went back to school after being off for almost a week. Now that she wasn't in constant pain I figured she could go. Of course it was hard for her to go and she was crying, but her teachers are amazing and took her. I had my cell phone on in case they needed to call me. I took DJ to parent pre-school from 9:30-11:30. He is finally happy to come. I have been sitting on a chair in the room. He still won't let me go into the parent room. But I think it will eventually happen. At least he is running around playing with everyone while I sit in the corner on my computer (this is when I am blogging!). Before he wouldn't leave my side. Then in the afternoon I dropped Cadence off for her PUFF program at the school. She was excited to go, since they do yoga too. I took DJ into Raymond for a check up with his ears. He had 2 weeks where his right ear was so infected it was dripping goop out of his ear. I got him on some antibiotics but it wasn't stopping so I took him back in and he had swimmers ear on top of the ear infection. Poor kid, no wonder he was so miserable. So we got ear drops too. I wanted to doctor to check to make sure his ear was all cleared up and his tube was still in. I was a little worried about it. But everything looks great. YEAH!
Not the greatest picture, but Brianna put on the saddle on for our rocking horse and DJ was riding her. It was pretty hilarious! I videoed it too. We were all laughing so hard because he was determined to put his feet in the stirrups but by then Brianna couldn't hold him up and they wouldn't collapse. So funny!

My sister, Megan, had taken the whole week off. She wanted me to go skiing with her one day. So I met up with her Friday and we went to West Castle for the afternoon. It was a lot of fun. I waited till the girls came home from school (10:30am) and then we drove up to Cardston where I dropped them off at their Grandma Spencer's house. DJ was mad at me, because he thought he was going to Grandma Paxman's house. I thought I told him which Grandma but I guess I didn't. He wouldn't get out of the truck and everytime I went to open his door, he'd lock it. My key fob no longer works so I have to open my door and push the unlock button. But I wasn't fast enough to open his door before he locked it again. Little stinker did it 4 times! He was not impressed with me. So when I left he threw a huge tantrum. I felt bad leaving but he was fine after a few minutes. He has fun there, I think I should of prepared him with which Grandma he was going too. Lesson learned, I will know for next time, crazy boy!

Anyways I met up with Megan and we took off for West Castle. It was so much fun. I dressed in layers because I knew it was going to be cold. It was freezing out, but there was so much snow, that it made it fun. I haven't been to West Castle for over 10 years. We would go up to the top and found a few runs that we enjoyed. The only problem with their chair lifts is that none of them had foot rests. Plus the chairs were super slow (I'm used to Whitefish and Fernies fast chair lifts). So by the time we got to the top both my feet were asleep. It happened every time. It was killing me! Maybe I'm getting too old! Ha ha! But it sure was fun to go skiing. I've really enjoyed it the past year. I've been trying to go as much as possible. I think Richard and I will go again this year for our anniversary. So that will be fun! Anyways it was a fun afternoon. I got back to the kids by 5:30pm so I wasn't gone for too long either. It was perfect!
Megan at the top, just before we went down.

Me at the top. It was beautiful out and was lightly snowing the whole time we were there.

So pretty!

Richard left Friday afternoon with the ventures to go camping. So he didn't get back till early Saturday afternoon. Luckily the weather had warmed up so they weren't camping in -30 weather. I was a little worried about that. But they had a good camp.

Our neighbours behind us built an ice rink. This week has been the first one that they have gone out and used it. They had told us to come over anytime and skate with them. I found a pair of skates for cheap on facebook, so I bought them. The neighbours gave us an extra pair too, so we have 2. I am on the hunt for 2 more pairs. It has been so much fun. The kids have loved it. I put the skates on Abbi and Cadence. They did so good for their first time ever on ice. Cadence totally shocked me. She would take off fast and glide across the rink. She loves it. Brianna and Abbi couldn't believe that Cadence could go that fast. It was cute! DJ just comes on with his boots and plays hockey. He thought that was great. It has made for some fun afternoons.

It's been a lot of fun to go out there and practise our skating!

One night after I put the kids to bed, DJ was having a hard time settling. I could hear him playing in his room and then it was finally quiet. Richard went in later to check on him and told me to run and get the camera. So I did. I walked in and we both started laughing. It was so so cute. Instead of explaining I will just share the picture I took!
Here is how our goofy little boy was sleeping. He must of found his car slippers and put them on, and then fell asleep. So stinking cute!

Well nothing too exciting has happened this week. Just the same normal stuff. We are all counting down the days till David (my brother)gets home from his mission. He flys into Calgary on March 7th. It's coming up fast. My kids are super excited about that! Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

I can't believe David has been out that long. The skating looks fun. I have been wanting to try that with Alan and maybe Conner.
Carissa