Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Years Eve and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

For New Years Eve we were invited up to Calgary to Cody and Em's place. The whole family went up. It was a par-tee! We got there at about noon on Saturday. Everyone was planning on sleeping over but we decided to come home later that night. We all sleep much better in our own beds. Plus with DJ having a crazy sleeping patterns that week, we didn't want to chance it. He's been fine, by the way. Back to sleeping his normal 12hr nights. Yahoo!

Everyone got there, my mom and dad, Megan, Cam and his girls, and Brent and Tiff. It was a full house. My kids were very excited to see their cousins, Ali and Mary. Emily had a yummy lunch ready for us. So we had home made hoogies and some soup for the kids. Then we took off to go swimming at the Southland Leisure Center. It was crazy busy there but the kids had a blast. I totally forgot to bring our life jackets. I never forget and bring them everywhere, but not this time! So I kept my eyes peeled for life jackets. They were all gone when we got there, but within 10 minutes I had all our kids in jackets! But not before DJ slipped and went under the water. It was only for a second but the kid has tubes in his ears and I'm hoping that they are still there. He's always so careful not to get his head wet, but he tripped and went down. I took my camera with me but we were way too busy keeping our eyes on all 4 kids that I didn't get any pictures. Abbi loved the wave pool and didn't want to leave it. She stuck with her Aunt Emily and Ali. Cadence was brave and went down the big slide with me. She even wanted to go again so Grandpa Paxman took her down. I didn't warn him on how fast the slide was. He said they came flying out at the bottom and he lost his footing and tripped and landed on top of Cadence. He reached down and pulled her back up. He said Cadence was sputtering and wiping her eyes. He asked if she wanted to go again and she said no thanks! Ha ha, so funny! We had to give dad a hard time! Brianna just stuck with me and Richard and DJ. It was a fun afternoon. After we got showered and dressed (I had the girls) we were leaving the dressing room to find Richard and DJ. I thought Cadence was right behind me but she had stopped to stare at people (it was packed). I all of the sudden heard her SCREAMING. I turned and ran around the corner where she was freaking out because she lost sight of me. I got her and settled her down. One good thing is I always know where Cadence is if I ever lose sight of her, because she has quite the scream!
Cutest picture ever of most of the girl cousins (we're missing Cassie). These girls have so much fun together!

The only picture I got of us swimming....in the locker room!! It's a crazy picture and Cadence's face makes me laugh!

We got back to Cody and Em's and ordered some Chinese food. The kids were downstairs playing Dance on the x-box. It was so funny to watch all the little kids taking turns doing a dance. They had a blast with it. The adults played a couple games upstairs. A little rook, of course! We tried some new games too.

Then we ate some yummy Chinese food. Afterwards we put out all the munchies that everyone brought. We had the "kids New Years" at about 8:30pm. They thought that it was great. Emily got them all some glow in the dark necklaces and horns. We counted down with the lights off and then yelled HAPPY NEW YEARS! It was fun and all the kids had a blast with their horns. We got all the kids dressed in their jammies and got them settled down with a movie.
The kids party. They got to each anything they wanted and have pop too! Poor DJ is so out numbered, being the only boy! But he'll soon have another boy cousin joining the family!! Cody and Em FINALLY told us what they are having...a BOY!

All the kids ready to count down and blow their horns!!!

Richard and I got the burb all warmed up and ready for our little kidlets! We made 4 comfy beds for them in the burb. They each brought their pet pillows and sleeping bags. They were excited to "sleep" in the burb! We got them settled and away we went. We left around 10pm. I drove, while Richard got to referee everyone! Then they all zonked. I was afraid that they'd all wake up at home (it's a 2hr drive) and not go back to sleep. But no, we carried them all into their beds and none of them batted an eye. I think we wore them out. We even all slept in the next morning! YEAH! It was so nice. It was a fun New Years Eve.



After church we went to Cardston for dinner at Richard's grandparents. It was a yummy ham dinner. Delicious! The kids had packed their bags and were sleeping over at Richard's parents house. They were so excited. They've wanted a sleep over at their Grandma and Grandpa Spencer's house for a while. Shelly had hurt her knee the night before, so she was in bed with a brace on. But she still insisted on having them stay. The girls had fun helping their Grandma. She even had a bell and everytime she rang it my girls would come running to see what she needed. So cute! Richard and I were planning on going skiing on Monday with my sister, Megan. He ended up sick so just me and Megan went skiing at Fernie. It was so much fun! We had a blast. Lots of laughs! I'm glad we went. It was a fun day. Richard stayed home and rested so he could go to work on Tuesday. It was a fun weekend!
Here comes Megan, the pro snow boarder!

OK maybe we're not so pro, since we had to hike out a little ways. We didn't go the 2km, but took a short cut. We got stuck at a chair lift that took us to the very top. Not what we were planning! Oops!

We were TIRED, even though we look a little crazy!

BLAH, I'm done!! Ha ha! It was about now that we saw someone fly by about a hundred feet up. YEAH, we made it! It was all downhill from there!!! Ha ha...it was a fun day!

No comments: