Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Teeth!

I remember when my little girls were teething, it was a crazy time. Well in all fairness Abbi and Brianna were pretty good teethers. Half the time I didn't even know they were teething. Cadence, I always knew when she was teething. Poor girl! Between her teething and always having ear infections, it made for some crazy days and nights. But anyways, now they are starting to lose their teeth. So crazy. Abbi discovered that she had a loose tooth just before Christmas. She would have me wiggle it at least once a day. After Christmas and New Years we had a whole week after that off of school. We did a lot of fun stuff and did a bunch of play dates with friends we haven't seen in a while. Abbi kept showing off her tooth and it kept getting more loose. I wiggled it pretty hard one day and it was so loose it was just poking straight out.

Well she decided that she wanted it out. So we tied a string to it and she tried to pull it. She pulled, with me helping a little, and the string broke. It didn't hurt her, but she wanted the string off her tooth. It was still tied around her tooth with a little piece dangling down. She opened up big and I took the little string and yanked up really fast. Abbi then asked, "Did you get the string off?" I replied, "Yup, here it is." She turned around and looked and I was holding the string with the tooth hanging from the end. It was so funny. She was so surprised. It didn't hurt her and she was totally fine. I think she thought she was going to die if I pulled it out! She was so excited and had to call both of her Grandma's and tell them and her cousins, Mikah and Shaylee. When her dad came home she met him at the door and showed him her tooth and her smile! So cute!
Abbi proudly showing off her toothless smile and she has her tiny tooth in her hand.

I had told the girls that with their first tooth that comes out I will take them on a Mommy daughter date. Well they were all excited about this. Cadence was so excited for Abbi. Oh I should mention that we had to put the tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Abbi really wanted to keep her tooth. I told her the tooth fairy usually lets kids keep their 1st tooth, but that's all. Sure enough the tooth fairy came that night.....well barely she's kind of forgetfull and had to get up in the middle of the night to do it!! ha ha! Abbi was so excited to wake up to her tooth and $3.00 under her pillow.

That day I had arranged with my mom for her to watch my kids while Abbi and I went out on our mommy daughter date. She was so excited and got all dressed up. We had to do a quick errand for Richard first. Then I took her to Marble Slab. Yummy!! She was overwhelmed with all the choices. She finally decided on the kind of ice cream, then she had to choose two toppings that they mix into the ice cream. It was so cute to watch her decide. We both got our ice cream and sat down at a table and just took our time and ate them together. She was so happy and talked my ear off. We talked about everything. It was fun to just focus on Abbi and have fun with her. I'm looking forward to doing it with all of my kids!
Such a cute little girl. She got into their dress up box and got this shirt and necklace to get ready for our "date"!

I loved spending time with my Abbi girl!

Now fast forward a week and we have Cadence complaining to me about her tooth. She kept telling me it really hurt. So I called the dentist and got an appointment for a week later. We kept going about our day, and I knew by later afternoon that we needed someone to look at it NOW! So after calling around I finally got in with our dentist here in Magrath when I called to cancel our appointment. When they asked why I told them Cadence needed to be seen now and a dentist in Raymond was going to look at her. Well they told me to bring her right in, and our dentist would look at her now. So that's what we did. It took 3 dental assistants plus me to get an x-ray of Cadence's tooth. She hates going to the dentist. She gets so tense and scared. I try to calm her down, but then she starts to cry. Finally we got one assistant to hold the little thing in her mouth, while another positioned the camera and the last one pushed the button. The whole time I was holding Cadence's hand and talking to her telling her she's doing so good. After the dentist looked at the x-ray he came and talked to us. He said her tooth was dead and the gums were all infected around the tooth. He said it needed to come out and we need to book another appointment. I looked at him and asked how we were going to do that when it was so hard to get an x-ray. So it was decided to put her asleep and do all the dental work that she needed done. He did this in his LethbridgeLethbridge
We had to do a little distracting this weekend to keep Cadence happy. This included the girls linking arms and skipping down the Walmart aisles with their puppy purses!

So we took off yesterday morning and headed into Lethbridge. It was kind of a crazy morning because she couldn't eat or drink anything and that was hard for her. We got there at 10am and ended up waiting till almost noon. I felt so bad for Cadence, she was absolutely starving. She played and did so good, but then she started to get so sad. So by the time they came to get her she was a sad girl. I walked in with her and we walked into the room where they were waiting. Well she freaked out when they asked her to lay on the table which they were surrounding. She climbed up me and clung onto me like a monkey. I was trying to talk to her to calm her down, but she was passed that point. She just wanted to go home right now. Finally I bent down and layed her on the bed with her still clinging to me. The anesthesiologist leaned over and put the mask on her face. She puffed out her cheeks held her breath. She had a very determined look on her face. I told her that it was ok and they were just going to put her to sleep. She took a breath and I felt her body relax and she kept staring at me while I talked to her then she drifted to sleep. I then had to leave the room. They came out a few minutes later and said they took a full x-ray of her mouth and there were 7 cavities to fix and they wanted to pull the bad tooth out and put a spacer in and cap another tooth. So I told them to do it all. She has never had x-rays before, she always freaked out. Cadence and DJ both are afraid of the dentists. We are going to have to work on that. We don`t want to do this again. Cadence came out of sedation really good. I picked her up and took her out to the burb, which I was sitting in while it warmed up. It was freaking cold outside, -25 with wind shield of -35. Brrrrrrrr.
Cadence being a hard working girl! She played in the playroom for awhile but after an hour she was tired and hungry and ready to go home. I don't blame her at all.


Anyways I brought her home and she basically laid on my bed all day. Which was fine with me. She was excited to put her tooth under her pillow last night. She woke up early this morning to find the $3 which the tooth fairy left. She woke me up to show me and ask me when we were going on our mommy daughter date! We decided to go on Friday, since it's FREEZING cold today. But that's a whole other post! Now Brianna is just waiting for her first tooth to come out. That's the bad thing about having triplets they figure if their sister has a loose tooth then they should too! My girls are growing up!

Cadence showing off her tooth. She wouldn't open her mouth up though! The tooth is a molar though, so you can't see it when she smiles. She was a happy little girl!
So this is a quick update about Cadence's mommy daughter date. I ended up taking her on Saturday, Jan 21. It was a killer for her to wait that long, but it was way too cold outside to take her earlier. By Saturday it had warmed up to 2 degrees. Crazy weather. Anyways she was SO EXCITED. She had to get all dressed up first thing in the morning even though I didn't take her till after lunch! We took off and she sat up front with me and talked my ear off all the way to Lethbridge. It's fun to have one on one time with my kids! I took her to marble slab and she thought carefully about which kind of ice cream she was going to get. She picked it out and then chose 2 yummy toppings that they mixed into her ice cream. Then we sat down and talked and ate. It was so much fun. Cadence loved it and so did I. She was worried about her siblings and wanted to make sure she brought them something home. So sweet.
My cute little girl giving me a funny smile!! She insisted on wearing her tiara, and bringing her bear with her. So funny!

Cadence wanted me to take a picture of all the candy lined up on the shelf. She kept counting how many jars were up there. She couldn't believe that there was that much candy!

Then my cute girl insisted on taking a picture of her cool mom!! ha ha!

It was a fun date. We stopped at Walmart afterwards and got a few stuff. I splurged and bought the movie "Dolphin Tale" and we had a movie night. It was fun. The kids quickly cleaned up supper and had a shower and got their jammies on. I made some popcorn and we went down and had a movie night. It was a huge hit, the kids loved it. It made for a fun relaxing night.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute coat! Oh my, the painting shower mess, you're a good mom.